• ...and so much more!
  • minx

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    SW Indiana
    Not religious at all.

Ok guys, we're starting to get into the territory of "religious discussion", which isn't allowed on this particular board. Stick to the topic of carrying please. I realize it can be difficult when the topic is carrying in a church.

:mods:

If this topic offends you, skip over it. You should have been aware that this discussion would go to the very heart of WHY some oppose 2A. The remarks were dead on to the OP's question.

Last edited:

opus1776

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    If this topic offends you, skip over it. You should have been aware that this discussion would go to the very heart of WHY some oppose 2A. The remarks were dead on to the OP's question.

tHw0b.gif

======================================
    "Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels" K. Moss
    You can NEVER be too rich or too thin.
    Life is not a journey, but a series of unplanned detours...
    Perfection: is not a goal---it's a demanded expectation.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville

The forum MODERATORS don't just skip over topics. :):

They are charged with, you know, actually moderating the forum according to the site owner's wishes.

mcafeesd

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2012
    Southern Indiana / Corydon
    Given the basic popular premise of Christianity, I was curious how that would interface with the idea of a moral, ethical and spiritual leader carrying. The popular premise being that Christianity makes bad people into good people and does it by the witness of peaceful meekness. Not a premise I buy. Just seems to be a popular misconception. The other idea, walking hand in hand here, is that carrying a firearm is bad. Again, a popular cultural misconception. And again, one I do not buy into.

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008

You will notice the MODERATOR tag under his name. We don't skip topics especially when they may be violating the rules of the forum. Please familiarize yourself with the rules and also take note of the tags under the username for future reference please.

minx

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    SW Indiana
    I guess I need to clarify my statement. I applaud the purpose of the moderation, it is a good thing.

A moderator can be just as wrong as the president of the United States. And as far as I know, I do have the freedom to respectfully voice my thoughts, especially if it is on topic, and beneficial. INGO :ingo: is to be a welcoming environment for gun discussion, and if anyone including a moderator wants to muzzle purposeful discussion, then they hurt the very forum that they represent.

I guess here is where I insert a wacky picture that increases the volume of the rhetoric.

eric-holder-impeach.jpg

Now back to topic… :coffee:

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Yep. I knew this would be a good question. I wonder how the opinions would break down according to denomination? Anyway, I appreciate the thoughtful answers thus far. I am really glad I joined this group.

Break down by denomination would be interesting I agree.
    And for myself, I would have absolutely no problem with a pastor carrying. It would to me a sign that he takes his job seriously as shepherd of his flock. Oh and my wife calls me a heathen, I tell people I'm non denominational pagan, I was raised Lutheran, and have been to churches of most major Christian denominations (including non denominational of various flavors) so :dunno:.

A moderator can be just as wrong as the president of the United States. And as far as I know, I do have the freedom to respectfully voice my thoughts, especially if it is on topic, and beneficial. INGO :ingo: is to be a welcoming environment for gun discussion, and if anyone including a moderator wants to muzzle purposeful discussion, then they hurt the very forum that they represent.

Yes a moderator can be wrong, but religious discussions are strictly against the rules of this forum. Carrying in church or by a pastor is not necessarily a religious discussion. I'm not exactly sure when the ban on religious discussion came about but iirc it was somewhere around a year or so ago. Which was around the time you joined, if you had been around before that you might have seen why it was put into place.

And you have the privilege to voice your thoughts on this forum, only to the degree the owner (Fenway) and his agents allow. This is a privately owned forum and as such you have no rights on it, just privileges that they allow. Yes INGO is a welcoming environment for gun discussions and that is the primary purpose of this site. They allow other discussions also. They also strictly forbid some. For the protection(good) of this site. I'm in agreement with the owner and mods for most if not all of them. The religious threads that used to be on this site frequently turned into serious bashing by one side or the other, which could turn off current or future members. There is also prohibitions on other things for that reason and others, violent revolution for one. It could turn off moderate members and also subject the owner to possible charges and/or questioning by the feds along with warrants for information and other things.

Last edited:

jrwca

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 29, 2012
    How do you feel about ANYONE carrying a handgun at ANY location? What does it matter if the person has a profession, be it preacher, lawyer, nurse, ambulance driver, homeowner, federal worker, gun store clerk or factory worker?

This is a great question.

And how did you get lost from CA? I willing left...

mcafeesd

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2012
    Southern Indiana / Corydon
    This is a great question.

And how did you get lost from CA? I willing left...

To respond to jrwca and the lost Californian, the reason I picked pastor over other professions is because of the , "peace at all costs," concept that is associated with pastors. I believe that pastors and churches have gotten a reputation of being weak and cowardly because of this concept and that we have often times lived up to the stereotype. Being a pastor myself, but not given to being weak or shying away from my beliefs I was interested in the general feeling about that group when it came to CC or OC. Certainly a study of other professions and their habits in relation to firearms would be interesting. but not as personally interesting to me.

Top Bottom