• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jtmarine1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2009
    Lexington, IN
    I don't know if this has been posted before and had honestly never seen this vid before but after I watched it just done something to me. Mods, please feel free to relocate if you feel it is needed. This was a comment that I wanted to post but as you can see it is well over the 500 character limit. Am I wrong here, off base with my opinion, or do I just need to go crawl in a hole and hide from myself?

YouTube - Keith Olbermann Demonizing NRA Glenn Beck

That's fine Keith, bet hope I'm not ever around if you are ever assualted, attacked, etc., cause after that load of DUNG you just spouted off I will just keep my sidearm holster and might even cheer the bad guy on for doing this country a favor for once, getting ride of the CO2 and source of asinine BS that you spout! No, I take that back, I would do the right thing and try to save your life, because then maybe you would atleast stop and think, what would have happened if this person wasn't armed? Just remember, when seconds count the Police are only minutes away! As good and dedicated as our Countries Law Enforcement Officers are, they are not SuperMan( or SuperWoman), they can not be everywhere at every second.

If the Government takes away America's 2nd Amendment right then what is to stop them from taking away the Freedom of the Press or your Freedom of Speech? Nothing! Except Civilians and Servicemen and Women that are not afraid of the Government and are Armed!
    And you speak of Treason! It is the Government that is commiting Treason! Treason against OUR Constitution and Treason against us Americans!

I am a United States Marine and a PROUD AMERICAN GUN OWNER! I don't judge some or disapprove of people because they chose not to own a firearm or choose not to be around them, that is their choice and I respect that, but I ask for the same respect.

Yes it is a fact that firearms are used by criminals to do horrible things, but they also use knives, baseball bats, axes, chainsaws, their bare hands, so what are we to do, ban and confiscate all those as well? But They are used to protect as well. Some people own firearms and never even use them, I personally collect many just for the purpose of their historical status, I also shoot for recreation, hunt, and use them to instruct people in firearms safety and respect of them. I someone understands and respects something they are more likely to not misuse it.

And as far as saying the NRA is Racist for comparing Obama to Hitler, Horse-hockey! I admit the comparison could have been made a little better, but the point is that Hitler instituted Gun Control to disarm his populis so they would not be able to stand up to him once he began his atrocites. Honestly, do you think that Hitler would have been able to do all those horrible things as long as he did if the Good people of Germany would have still had their firearms? No, that wacko would have faced an armed uprising of Germans and would have died from a bullet to the head from a Patriot instead of himself!

ABN82

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Spot on with your comment. :yesway:

That guy ain't got both oars in the water. He is arrogant and his opinionated approach to reporting is deplorable. I tried to write him a while back but couldn't find his email address.

haldir

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Goshen
    Keith O. and Rachel Madcow are both fricking idiots. I don't know how any network can pretend to be a serious news medium with people like that. Then you have Matthews that still has that thrill running up his thighs when he sees Obama. I don't know how anyone can watch these people.

jayhawk

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 16, 2009
    Fort Wayne, IN
    1. Olbermann and Beck are both not even worth taking seriously...except for the sad fact that some people actually do.

2. I doubt the NRA as a national organization was comparing Obama to Hitler. Maybe someone affiliated with the NRA was doing this...and they should realize that they really aren't doing themselves a big favor. If you want to win in this country, you have to win the hearts and minds of the mainstream voters, and comparing Obama to Hitler isn't going to fly too well with the mainstream. A lot of people in this country seemed to get locked into a certain ideology or way of thinking...everything is left/right, black/white, whatever. By using the Hitler image, they basically send up red flags for at least 50% of the population. There is very little chance that any minds are going to change in the NRA's favor.

3. Freedom of the press? You mean...freedom to deliver whatever the market demands.

jtmarine1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2009
    Lexington, IN
    1. Olbermann and Beck are both not even worth taking seriously...except for the sad fact that some people actually do.

2. I doubt the NRA as a national organization was comparing Obama to Hitler. Maybe someone affiliated with the NRA was doing this...and they should realize that they really aren't doing themselves a big favor. If you want to win in this country, you have to win the hearts and minds of the mainstream voters, and comparing Obama to Hitler isn't going to fly too well with the mainstream. A lot of people in this country seemed to get locked into a certain ideology or way of thinking...everything is left/right, black/white, whatever. By using the Hitler image, they basically send up red flags for at least 50% of the population. There is very little chance that any minds are going to change in the NRA's favor.

3. Freedom of the press? You mean...freedom to deliver whatever the market demands.

I hear you there! I see and hear of so many things that the public should know about, both big and small in importance, but it is not what will get ratings so you never see it.

I look at the Freedom of the Press right as a right that is easily controlled by the Government so it is not one that they are to worried about taking away from the people.

mattfoley

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Wayne Co.

Beck is nearly always spot on. Really listen to what he says.

jayhawk

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 16, 2009
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I hear you there! I see and hear of so many things that the public should know about, both big and small in importance, but it is not what will get ratings so you never see it.

I look at the Freedom of the Press right as a right that is easily controlled by the Government so it is not one that they are to worried about taking away from the people.

I don't doubt that the government has influence within the media an vise-vesra, but imho I think a large chunk of the issue is economic (profit) driven. I see most media outlets as brands, and "news" shows as products. MSNBC, FOX, CNN, they all have their target audience and they do a great job selling product to those audiences. What is really sad to me is that this stuff is so prevalent that the politicians cater to the media madness (talking predominantly about the "hot button" issues that the media is focused on), while letting other real issues fall off of the mainstream radar. This is especially apparent during election years when you get the typical race, abortion, Sarah Palin's wardrobe, whatever issues over and over again. Anyway...I should probably stop now.

Beck is nearly always spot on. Really listen to what he says.

Have you ever heard the term, "the medium is the message"? It's a Marshall McLuhan phrase. I once had a lengthy internet debate on that subject...it's a good discussion topic if you're into that sort of thing. Anyway, that is sort of the basis of my real complaint with Beck (et al.). His delivery and his insistence on being right and breaking down multi-faceted issues in to black/white, yes/no issues is more of a message than the actual issue being discussed. When was the last time you had a political discussion with someone in which each person considered multiple ideologies or ways of looking at an issue? These political pundits do influence not only what people think, but the way people think. He's no different than some sports talk radio guy turning a 30 second piece into a 2 hour discussion about nothing. It's not news, it's not a "discussion", it's entertainment...it's brainwashing imho.

Dryden

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2009
    N.E. Indianapolis
    When CNBC, ABC, CNN and NBC are loosing audience share at the rate that they are... they must resort to sensational journalism. The truth be damned. Just get on air and blast away. Hopefully someone will notice.

No matter how popular FOX gets, the other networks will never acknowledge the merits of their content.... they'll only attack, ridicule, and tell you how stupid you are for watching FOX. They'll do this all the way into bankruptcy.

It's kinda fun to watch it unfold.:popcorn:

jayhawk

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 16, 2009
    Fort Wayne, IN
    When CNBC, ABC, CNN and NBC are loosing audience share at the rate that they are... they must resort to sensational journalism. The truth be damned. Just get on air and blast away. Hopefully someone will notice.

No matter how popular FOX gets, the other networks will never acknowledge the merits of their content.... they'll only attack, ridicule, and tell you how stupid you are for watching FOX. They'll do this all the way into bankruptcy.

It's kinda fun to watch it unfold.:popcorn:

Yes, thank God FOX never resorts to sensational journalism or biased reports like the other networks. :40oz:<< koolaid

Dryden

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2009
    N.E. Indianapolis
    jayhawk: When every single newspaper and TV News show spouts the Party Line, don't you find it refreshing to hear an oppossing opinion?

Remember to Celebrate Diversity.

jayhawk

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 16, 2009
    Fort Wayne, IN
    jayhawk: When every single newspaper and TV News show spouts the Party Line, don't you find it refreshing to hear an oppossing opinion?

Remember to Celebrate Diversity.

Tbh, I don't really watch tv news or read the paper (except for local stuff). I get my news from the internet, where everything is truth! :orly:

Um...I mean, yes, I like to be able to read multiple viewpoints and check facts or sources when I feel like it.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    It always goes back to spin.

If you make easy for the opposition to spin what you say then you are doing half their job for them. Case in point Im extremely happy that the video interview with Ted Nugent that was posted on this forum recently shows Ted being subdued, thoughtful and reflective. Instead of yelling and screaming uncontrollably. I like to hear what Ted has to say and 90% of the time I agree with him. But when he goes out of control on camera he gives the opposition ammunition to spin all gun owners and 2A supporters into nut jobs. The same thing with Beck, if you want to be taken serious, be serious.

You can make your point about Obama come across without selling t-shirts comparing him to Hitler, you lose peoples (sheeples) interest that way. You don't want to appeal just to those that support the gun culture, you want to appeal to as many different people as possible.

mattfoley

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Wayne Co.
    It always goes back to spin.

If you make easy for the opposition to spin what you say then you are doing half their job for them. Case in point Im extremely happy that the video interview with Ted Nugent that was posted on this forum recently shows Ted being subdued, thoughtful and reflective. Instead of yelling and screaming uncontrollably. I like to hear what Ted has to say and 90% of the time I agree with him. But when he goes out of control on camera he gives the opposition ammunition to spin all gun owners and 2A supporters into nut jobs. The same thing with Beck, if you want to be taken serious, be serious.

You can make your point about Obama come across without selling t-shirts comparing him to Hitler, you lose peoples (sheeples) interest that way. You don't want to appeal just to those that support the gun culture, you want to appeal to as many different people as possible.

Beck approaches things differently. Sometimes its nice to have a laugh with the message. As he said today, he tries to approach things to show that you can be a conservative and not have a stick shoved up your orifice.

I like Beck because he is off the wall and unpredictable. It lightens the mood about some issues that others drown their listeners/viewers/readers in seriousness. Sometimes a lighter take reaches a broader audience. If it bothers you, look past the silliness; the message is there and it is spot on nearly every time.

I also like Beck because he stands for the truth, not a party, like Rush or Hannity. I can listen to Rush, but I cannot stand Hannity. Same old s* partisan hack. Now Beck did get it wrong with the Romney support, but clearly he is working on that (he bashed Romneycare massively the other day; and clearly outed Romney as the cause).

POTI

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    oberman 2% share glenn beck 85% share .... wonder why oberman doesnt like beck hahahahaha

Top Bottom