My ride to work today.....and a LEO whose actions shocked me....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jarhead77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    Noblesville
    ...and I guess I shouldn't be.....

I am generally pretty calm about things I see a LEO do that are not really..... necessary, but this morning I saw something that almost caused an accident that was done to simply to get his kids to school on time.

I was driving down Capital, just north of Wishard and there was a school bus waiting to pull out from a side street. An IMPD cruiser with a LEO in civvies (Wearing a red jacket and black glasses...Yes, I was that close to running into him) with two little kids in it (like elementary school little) pulls around the bus, turns on his siren and lights to block traffic on Capital and lets the bus out.

I and three other cars had to pound our brakes to stop as he came out and the poor lady in front of me in a red neon almost jumped the curb when he pulled out.

Now here's the rub, once the bus is out, he turns everything off, pulls in behind it and follows it like nothing ever happened.

What the heck?
    SO....If you ever see an IMPD cruiser with Plate number 15897, watch out, he's all about what his patience will allow!

Thanks for a place to rant and warn my fellow citizens...

That is all....

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I think the problem is the officer did so in an abrupt fashion without regard for oncoming cross traffic, almost causing an accident. (or two)

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    At least it wasnt a cop sitting impatiently at a red light with no cross traffic that suddenly turns on his lights, pulls through the red, and then turns them off again on the other side and proceeds in a relatively leisurely pace. I've seen that a couple times.

Yes, I have also seen officers on the way to a crime scene that do that and then proceed at a brisk pace, but when the officer obviously didnt want to wait for the light to turn it just hacks me off.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    On a related note I dont mind officers assisting problem traffic intersections for school busses, etc. In fact its quite beneficial. I used to take my kids to school at Hoosier Academy by Larry Central and they have an officer controlling the light at 56th and Cato during the time the busses come and go. This keeps the busses moving in and out without backing up 56th street too much. There have been a couple days where there was nobody controlling the light and it was INSANE trying to get out... by default the light was on long enough for roughly 3 busses to get out at a time. What normally was a quick exit took over 15 minutes!

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    My father lives in a small town called Porter next to chesterton. Leaving his house one day ( which is about 1/2 block from elementary school) I had a police squad car pass me as he pulled out of the school. Speed limit is 20 mph there. He blows past me and turns into the first subdivision on the right after the school. ( Beam ST.) no lights, no sirens, just blew past at about 50 mph in a 20 in front of a school. I pulled in and he parked his squad car at the second house to the right, walked to the back door and let out 4 very young children, bout 5 to 6 yrs old. When I pulled up next to him and asked him if he knew what the speed limit was he just stared for a few seconds and went into the house. Sad that he not only put his and his neighbors kids at risk, but also the kids and parents walking home.

Jarhead77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    Noblesville
    On a related note I dont mind officers assisting problem traffic intersections for school busses, etc. In fact its quite beneficial. I used to take my kids to school at Hoosier Academy by Larry Central and they have an officer controlling the light at 56th and Cato during the time the busses come and go. This keeps the busses moving in and out without backing up 56th street too much. There have been a couple days where there was nobody controlling the light and it was INSANE trying to get out... by default the light was on long enough for roughly 3 busses to get out at a time. What normally was a quick exit took over 15 minutes!

I don't either, but not by jumping out into oncoming traffic! In this case, there were TWO cars behind me...then nothing for three blocks...

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    ...and I guess I shouldn't be.....

I am generally pretty calm about things I see a LEO do that are not really..... necessary, but this morning I saw something that almost caused an accident that was done to simply to get his kids to school on time.

I was driving down Capital, just north of Wishard and there was a school bus waiting to pull out from a side street. An IMPD cruiser with a LEO in civvies (Wearing a red jacket and black glasses...Yes, I was that close to running into him) with two little kids in it (like elementary school little) pulls around the bus, turns on his siren and lights to block traffic on Capital and lets the bus out.

I and three other cars had to pound our brakes to stop as he came out and the poor lady in front of me in a red neon almost jumped the curb when he pulled out.

Now here's the rub, once the bus is out, he turns everything off, pulls in behind it and follows it like nothing ever happened.

What the heck?
    SO....If you ever see an IMPD cruiser with Plate number 15897, watch out, he's all about what his patience will allow!

Thanks for a place to rant and warn my fellow citizens...

That is all....

Instead of *****ing about it on INGO why don't you file a complaint? If it was that big of a deal to you that should have been your first thought.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Instead of *****ing about it on INGO why don't you file a complaint? If it was that big of a deal to you that should have been your first thought.

Mmmm, much easier *****ing it is!

images

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Sorry, no, not ok. It was an example of abuse of authority as far as I was concerned, and for his benefit.... There was NO need to jump out in traffic like that.
    Ok, we are allowed to direct traffic if we feel it is warranted. If he did so NOT for the bus but for himself then poo poo on him, although I'm not sure how I'd know that since I cannot read minds. Also, if he did so in a manner you felt unsfe, again poo poo on him. You have his plate #, report him. It would be more productive than posting it here and watching it turn into a pig pile like so many of these kinds of threads do.

Jarhead77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    Noblesville
    Im afraid you've assumed quite a bit Grand one. This isn't your forum alone is it?
    I have a place to rant about something, so I am. No rule that I've seen says I can't, but if the mods want, they can make such a rule and, being one who typically respects those rules, I wouldn't rant on the topic.

I don't "pile on pigs" as you say, check my posts, others might, but its not my style, take it up with those whom you feel are guilty.
    FWIW, I generally like cops and even have a few friends that wear the uniform. ...

I'd rant on this topic (jumping out in front of oncoming traffic with no warning) if it were sheeple too so there is no favorite or agenda here. Just a rant.

A rant it was and a rant it remains. I'm not going to file a complaint and throw a guy under a bus! It seems a few here would have me do so. No need for it. That would be piling on.

I'm genuinely sorry if you are upset by this.

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    Yeah, stop putting stories, advice, opinions, different views, or sharing any of our daily life's struggles on INGO.:rolleyes:

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Im afraid you've assumed quite a bit Grand one. This isn't your forum alone is it?
    I have a place to rant about something, so I am. No rule that I've seen says I can't, but if the mods want, they can make such a rule and, being one who typically respects those rules, I wouldn't rant on the topic.

I don't "pile on pigs" as you say, check my posts, others might, but its not my style, take it up with those whom you feel are guilty.
    FWIW, I generally like cops and even have a few friends that wear the uniform. ...

I'd rant on this topic (jumping out in front of oncoming traffic with no warning) if it were sheeple too so there is no favorite or agenda here. Just a rant.

A rant it was and a rant it remains. I'm not going to file a complaint and throw a guy under a bus! It seems a few here would have me do so. No need for it. That would be piling on.

I'm genuinely sorry if you are upset by this.
    It's called a "pig pile" or "dog pile" not "pile on pigs". I'm not upset, why would I be? I guess I don't understand the payoff of ranting here. People do so about us or another dept on here all the time and nothing changes. A traffic complaint just gets us a talking to, not thrown under the bus. It could quite possibly alter the officer's future behavior, which would be a good thing. But nothing will change by posting here. About 10yrs ago I was complained on for speeding on I70. I was 100% in the wrong and after my talking to, I made sure I wasn't going to get complained on again...and I haven't, behavior changed. These threads are great at opening up the floor to ANYONE who has a "bad LEO driving" story and then the pig pile ensues. I guess if this makes you feel better, to each their own.

Top Bottom