• ...and so much more!
  • 88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I just finished my Saiga conversion this afternoon. I used a Romanian side folder, Arsenal FCG, Tapco Galil handguard and SAW grip and misc. Danzig parts. I plan on taking it down to Atterbury on Sunday to see how it works.

Before:
    picture.php

After:
    picture.php

spainy79

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Sullivan
    Good job on the conversion. Mine runs so much better since I converted it. Did you install the bullet guide as well?

03A3

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Shaker Prairie
    Good job, that's a nice looking gun. The wire folders work pretty well for me.
    Is the muzzle nut welded, or do these even have a threaded muzzle? I'm not up to speed on them.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Thanks guys. I did do the bullet guide as well. I think one of the reasons so many folks snap the taps off is that the supplied tap has a long lead in. You bottom out at about the same time as the threads are done being cut but it feels like the tap is still cutting.

The muzzle is threaded, but I think it's welded or something. That's the next thing to tackle on this gun. I've seen photos of guys taking a dremel to the sleeve over the threads and carefully cutting around it to be able to unscrew the unwelded end and screw on a standard flash hider.

Martin Draco

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 24, 2010
    Thanks guys. I did do the bullet guide as well. I think one of the reasons so many folks snap the taps off is that the supplied tap has a long lead in. You bottom out at about the same time as the threads are done being cut but it feels like the tap is still cutting.

The muzzle is threaded, but I think it's welded or something. That's the next thing to tackle on this gun. I've seen photos of guys taking a dremel to the sleeve over the threads and carefully cutting around it to be able to unscrew the unwelded end and screw on a standard flash hider.

Using a Dremel is a pain in the butt. I always use a pipe cutter. Measure about 5/8" from the front of the barrel and go VERY slow and not to deep. It cuts it perfectly round and straight. There aren't many that are actually threaded. If you find out it's not and you want to come to Carmel I'll thread it for you!
    Nice job on your conversion!

Mr.JAG

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    You do realize that NOT ALL the Saigas are threaded right? It was only a certain couple runs of them.... Id hate to see you cut on the gun and get nothing!

If your rifle has a step in the chamber... You most likely WONT have a threaded barrel.

Last edited:

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Using a Dremel is a pain in the butt. I always use a pipe cutter. Measure about 5/8" from the front of the barrel and go VERY slow and not to deep. It cuts it perfectly round and straight. There aren't many that are actually threaded. If you find out it's not and you want to come to Carmel I'll thread it for you!
    Nice job on your conversion!

Great idea. I didn't know about them not all being threaded and may take you up on your offer when I get that far. Thanks.

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    You never do not need paracord ever. wait...what?... There is never a time where you don't need it ever, you need it forever...ok wait... ever is a long time to go without paracord, so never is not an option when forever is on the table. just get some paracord!

Top Bottom