• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bullet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Seymour
    I have a Springfield Sar 8. It's one of my favorite guns, but I've never like the slim forearm. I've always had plans to replace it with a wide forearm and today I got a good deal on a couple of wide forearms.

I pick up the forearm and then he realized I had the aluminum receiver (the wide fore arms don't fit the aluminum Sar's). My fault, I didn't mention I had the aluminum receiver.
    I really hate the slim forearm on my Sar, so when the wide forearm didn't fit (Thanks to the bigger aluminum receiver) I was very disappointed.

Never one to turn down a challenge I decided to buy the forearm and make it work.

Well after some cutting and filing here's my Sar with a wide fore arm.

Before

100_1804.jpg

After.

100_1807.jpg

I had to cut a couple of plates (1 x 2.25) off the sides. I had to trim some of the material around the seat where the forearm rest in the receiver and mag well, plus I have to oval the pin hole in front of the forearm since it wouldn't seat all the way down in the gun. I didn't do anything to the gun itself, just the fore arm.

Here is the unaltered fore arm.

100_1806.jpg

Here is the modified fore arm ready to be installed.

100_1805.jpg

I'm very happy with the way it turned out. IMO it doesn't looked "chopped up" and the over all look of the gun is much more appealing to the eye. Now to find a black stock and grip.

Last edited:

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    Very cool. Did you buy it new? Have you had to replace rollers? Can she use the inexpensive CETME/G3 mags? How does she run?

I like it! ;)

bullet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Seymour
    Very cool. Did you buy it new? Have you had to replace rollers? Can she use the inexpensive CETME/G3 mags? How does she run?

I like it! ;)

I got it used. I don't know the round count but it looks to be low. I've only shoot maybe 200 rounds though it, thanks to the high cost of 308.

I've never had problems with it. It runs any mag I put in it and is very accurate.

I've never had to replace the rollers, but like I mention it's a low round count gun.

After I get the all black furniture I have plans to scope and bi pod it.

Top Bottom