• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • defender14

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2011
    Fishers
    Bought my second handgun yesterday, a Ruger sr9c :)

picture.php

I sold my first handgun, a Springfield XD 9mm, earlier this week to fund this firearm.

It fits my hand better than the XD, I can shoot it more accurately than the XD, it is smaller than the XD but with the pinky extension it still lets me get a full grip, and it is made in the USA! :patriot:

I got a great deal on it at IndyGunSafety, Randy had a good price, and the transaction was easy and painless.

I took it to the range (Hamilton County Fish and Game) today during my lunch break and put 100 error free rounds of 115gm Federal FMJ (the Walmart stuff) through it.

Its only been 2 days but I am happy. I have never carried anywhere other than the range, but the size and feel are making me think about getting a supertuck and start using that lifetime LTCH I keep in my wallet.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Congrats! It's always fun buying a gun that just fits. Pretty soon everything will seem to fit and then you will be in trouble. :):

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    Congrats on the buy! I hope you continue to like the gun. To quote my best friend, "There is no better feeling than picking up a gun and it fitting in your hand better than your own c***."

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Congrats on the buy! I hope you continue to like the gun. To quote my best friend, "There is no better feeling than picking up a gun and it fitting in your hand better than your own c***."
    Can't say I've run into that gun yet. Anyway, to the OP, congrats on the new purchase. I have a friend who has the SR9C and he loves it. I am sure you will too.

Drakkule

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Butler,IN. 46721
    I'm lucky, i have special hands that form to whatever firearms i put in them. I have had a few that felt a little off, but none that where uncomfortable. You have to love the MADE IN AMERICA part of it, congrats.

defender14

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2011
    Fishers
    Thank you for the kind words everyone.

Hopefully I can convince the wife to get me a ST around christmas...

And yes I very much appreciate the frame mounted safety, the best safety is the one between my ears, but it is also nice knowing that there is another step required. Plus the paranoid parent in me appreciates it even though my children have never even seen me with a firearm and they have absolutely no way to access it.

abrewer15

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 19, 2011
    Elkhart, Indiana
    Plus the paranoid parent in me appreciates it even though my children have never even seen me with a firearm and they have absolutely no way to access it.

The best way to rid yourself of the paranoid parent part...don't pretend like you don't own any guns, don't keep them in the dark. An educated child is a living, breathing child.

sharpetop

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    The best way to rid yourself of the paranoid parent part...don't pretend like you don't own any guns, don't keep them in the dark. An educated child is a living, breathing child.

^^^ This! Get yourself a good holster and belt and start packing that thing and enlighten your kids on the 2nd Amendment. Don't let the Government schools teach them the politically correct version.

defender14

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2011
    Fishers

^^^ This! Get yourself a good holster and belt and start packing that thing and enlighten your kids on the 2nd Amendment. Don't let the Government schools teach them the politically correct version.

I agree, I feel that when I do start carrying I will be a better father/husband for it, being ready willing and actually able to defend my family is something that I feel I need to do. I think it is just getting the wife on board. I think the 4 year old can handle learning that daddy has a gun to protect the family, the 4 month old... well I'll work on that when he can talk

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    I still remember being in wonder of the stupidity of kids my own age who were afraid of guns. We always had them, although dad kept them put up. I LOVED shooting the .22 s and dad's wingmaster. Didn't care for handguns at all when I was a kid. Boy, has that changed! Anyhoo, firearms were not hidden from us, and we were only forbidden to touch when the folks weren't around, so it was simply not an issue in our house

Top Bottom