• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NWIeng

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Hammond
    Hey all, the taxman funded my new reloading setup this spring. Took about a month to piece everything together between building the bench, equipment coming in and such.

Some details: running only 9mm right now, on a Lee Turret Press. Picked up a cabela's tumbler for brass, worked great today.

DSC00532.jpg

DSC00531.jpg

DSC00530.jpg

DSC00529.jpg

DSC00528.jpg

DSC00527.jpg

Right now I'm extremely satisfied. I picked up a Lee hand press a couple months ago and quickly realized that even as little as I shoot (maybe one trip to the range a month), that the hand press wouldn't be worth me wanting to keep reloading.

I churned out ~100 rounds earlier in the week with brand new brass and took the loads to the range today to run through my G17 and G26, to make sure they would cycle.

The loads worked perfectly, and recoiled considerably less than some factory loads I brought with as well. Not that 9mm is too much for me, but hey, I'm loading for target practice so the tamer the better.

Long story short, +1 to lee products so far. No problems, good pricing, works great. The ease of enabling/disabling the auto index is incredibly easy as I went to single stage mode for de-priming and re-sizing.

I think that's it, just sharing my setup with the world of INGO.

Next up, getting a second turret piece and powder setup for 223!

baune

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2008
    North side of Indy
    what are the dimensions of the bench you built? Height, width and depth.. I need to build a bench for my stuff and that looks like pretty much the same type I was going to build. My biggest concern is a comfortable height. Nice setup too, Tax man giving back my money is funding my setup too, almost done...

NWIeng

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Hammond
    what are the dimensions of the bench you built? Height, width and depth.. I need to build a bench for my stuff and that looks like pretty much the same type I was going to build. My biggest concern is a comfortable height. Nice setup too, Tax man giving back my money is funding my setup too, almost done...

Height, 47 inches, it is a standing bench, and even at that, it's a bit higher than I'd like it, but I couldn't take back the cuts I made with the lower shelf placed where it is after assembling it.

Top is ~27 inches, with 2 inches of overhand on the top on the front (press) side).

Width is like 60 inches.

I've got a cadd plan on my PC at work, if you want it, shoot me a PM with your email and I can send you a PDF of it on Monday.

hps

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    That looks great!! I just got into the hobby myself. I've got the perfect bench in the garage,but kinda want one in the house,thinkin about rearranging the bedroom. I bought the intro Lee classic reloader, and already lookin at a press.

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    Great looking set up, Could you pass along how much you have invested in the set up ? I have been thinking about doing some reloading myself and kinda want to know what its going to set me back to get started, Thanks in advance, if you don't want to put it out for every one would you PM me? Thanks again. H&K

NWIeng

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Hammond
    I wish I could have a setup like that, I just don't have the room!

I don't either...it's shoved in the corner of the garage. If you saw the garage with two cars in it, you would agree. Let's just say that I have to pull a car out of the garage to even stand in front of the bench.

Top Bottom