• ...and so much more!
  • mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    Would it be a silly question to ask what the recoil is like with the .450 ? I see it has like 2700 ft/lbs of energy at the muzzle !!

The 450 Bushmaster is a great deer cartridge, a really nice option for public land deer hunting, or even private.

I'm pumped about hunting with this rifle this year. Here's some pics:

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...y-new-public-land-deer-rifle.html#post7412202

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...new-public-land-deer-rifle-2.html#post7421585

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Would it be a silly question to ask what the recoil is like with the .450 ? I see it has like 2700 ft/lbs of energy at the muzzle !!

I'd say it's a tad milder than my 50 cal muzzle loader. Not bad. But I seem to be more tolerant of recoil than others. I try to absorb as much of it as possible with my forehead to take the stress off my shoulder. :D

charley59

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    In Carroll County
    Many years ago, on a freaking cold January day, took a S&W Model 24 to the range with handloads of 7.5 gr. Unique over a cast 240 gr. LSWC. At 25 yards, after 2 shots, I only saw one hole on the target. After shot #3, I still saw only one hole. So I went downrange to investigate. Yes, all 3 shots touching, making a small cloverleaf. Done shooting that gun on that day.

Top Bottom