• ...and so much more!
  • Hoosier9

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    NOOOOOO S&W M&P series pistols ftw! BOOO to glock

what have they won?

They've won my conversion. They've also won a lot of LE contracts.

For the first time in about 20 years or so, I own no Glocks. And don't really miss them a bit. I have been issued Glocks in a previous life :):, which is the big reason I always owned a few. But after years and years of having to really bear down and concentrate to avoid shooting low/left, and putting up with a grip shape (not grip angle) that sucks for me personally, my M&Ps give me a natural pointing, reliable and ergonomic platform for my handgun needs.

I recently purchased a Smith & Wesson SD9 pistol, and despite all of the gun snobs that will inevitably mock it for being a "gussied-up Sigma," I actually like it better than my old G19. The trigger is a bit longer and heavier, but the trigger reach and ergonomics are so far superior to a Glock (in my hand) that I get great accuracy much more naturally. So for my compact and service size handguns, it's S&W all the way.

M&P 9 compact
    M&P 9 Pro 5"
    SD9

And if S&W ever produces a nice small single stack 9mm, I'll probably have a gently used Walther PPS for sale.

Last edited:

TomN

'tis but a flesh wound!
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Elkhart
    Glocks are hard to shoot. You have to like, concentrate on trigger control and the front sight.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    All this banter is really making me think... Is it better to OC or CC Koolaid? I mean, what are the advantages of OC'ing Koolaid when everyone can see your tasty red drink, and you remove the element of surprise? And, does anyone make a good Koolaid holster? Can you quickly drink Koolaid from concealment in an emergency? WOW! This is making my head hurt. I need to go fondle my Glock. :D

I like to CC a S&W 686 4" and OC a Glock 27 and a 1911. Sometimes I'll throw a Cetme and a French Mas 49/56 over each shoulder for good measure.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    I like my friends SD9, all except for the trigger! And the slide release doesn't stick out much, but other than those two things it's fun to shoot. I like my G17 better, but then again I like a few pistols better than my Glock also so..... :dunno:

Top Bottom