• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gator762

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 26, 2011
    I have a glock17 with over 20,000 rounds and a 22 with over 15,000 and still shoot great. and nothing has ever been done to them.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    For those of you who are new here, name-calling and personal attacks will not be tolerated. Please make your point without resorting to either or you will be asked to leave.

Thanks!

:mods:

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    put a Sig in his hand. a Sig will out live all of us when that glock barrel will be shot out in a couple of years.

Hahaha, certainly not the newer sigs.

Maybe a west german one... I have a P226 platinum elite and while it's a nice gun, it was obviously not made to withstand backpacking in the mountains.

Mine got pretty rusted up during my outing. Took a couple days worth of work to get all the rust off it. Trust me, any glock will outlive a sig by a few lifetimes.

Bondhead88

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 26, 2010
    Currently In Toronto
    Just a quick note.

1) My son has been coming to a quick understanding that there is no middle ground with Glocks. (we can handle that)

2) People need to be more polite with one another even though they have differences.

I don't care who replies to my posts but just remember that a 14 year old boy is also reading these and I want to show him we as gun owners have class.

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    When I purchased my first handgun, I had narrowed it down to either a Glock, HK, or XD. I ended up choosing the XD9 SC and now I can't imagine carrying a Glock, but that's just me. Therefore I would suggest that the anti-venom for the Glock Kool-Aid would be the XD. :D

Kudos to getting your son involved and shooting at an early age. Father/son time is so important, no matter what you do.

INyooper

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2009
    North Central IN
    Therefore I would suggest that the anti-venom for the Glock Kool-Aid would be the XD. :D

Your theory is flawed, as it didn't work for me. Once upon a time I found the XD series a "thinking man's improvements on a Glock." Cognitively, I liked the ideas they used in the design. Though, practically speaking, the Glock won the day (and, ultimately, the place in my holsters) when it came to carrying and shooting.

I am glad we live in a country (and state) where we have the freedoms (for now) to wrestle with the conundrums of choosing the firearms we own.

But, when it comes right down to it, if you listen to the voice of your "inner shooter," it'll tell you that you should have got a Glock! :D

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    My son Josiah has drank the Glock Kool-Aid! I can't believe my son has fallen in love with a Glock! He shot a 40 cal Glock 23 today and he instantly liked it...help us!:koolaid:
    AWW man, Glocks are alright guns. Could be worse. He could have been a "gun" kid, grew up and met a anti-gun girl that seems to be changing his mind. That is what is happening to my son I think.:(

grizman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Home
    put a Sig in his hand. a Sig will out live all of us when that glock barrel will be shot out in a couple of years.

try an HK USP, if you can afford one that is! :D

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: on both statements!

SIG's ain't what they used to be, look around at the reports on the newer ones. Glock barrels(polygonal rifled) don't have rifle lands to wear out and are much harder than a SIG barrel.

HK why pay double for less? Besides costing more what can a HK do better? They certainly can't pass the torture test, throw em a bucket of dirt and they magically stop working.

I would take a S&W MP, Glock or XD/XDM over the German wonder twins anyday! PS don't say "you have never owned a (blank) or you would feel different" Been there done that, P220's,P226's,P229's HK USP's in 9,40,45 full size and compacts along with a couple of P series HK's. Still have the Glocks and the 1911's no German wonder twins though.
    Not that they were bad just not any better so for the money they are less gun to me. Guns are tools not trophies. An ugly hammer that works beats the snot out of purdy hammer all day long.

S&W or Glock either way the boy wins!

Hornett

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Bedford, Indiana
    Have him fondle two 1911's.
    Drink plenty of fluids and get sufficient rest.
    Then call me in the morning and I will take that ol' nasty Tupperware gun off your hands. ;)

I think we can still cure him, but it will take time.

The pull of the dark side is very strong.

Hoosier9

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: on both statements!

SIG's ain't what they used to be, look around at the reports on the newer ones. Glock barrels(polygonal rifled) don't have rifle lands to wear out and are much harder than a SIG barrel.

HK why pay double for less? Besides costing more what can a HK do better? They certainly can't pass the torture test, throw em a bucket of dirt and they magically stop working.

I would take a S&W MP, Glock or XD/XDM over the German wonder twins anyday! PS don't say "you have never owned a (blank) or you would feel different" Been there done that, P220's,P226's,P229's HK USP's in 9,40,45 full size and compacts along with a couple of P series HK's. Still have the Glocks and the 1911's no German wonder twins though.
    Not that they were bad just not any better so for the money they are less gun to me. Guns are tools not trophies. An ugly hammer that works beats the snot out of purdy hammer all day long.

S&W or Glock either way the boy wins!

This. Exactly.

:+1:

grizman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Home
    Here are a couple of links you SIG/ HK guys should read before you go getting all brand snobbish.
    Tactical-Life.com » GLOCK 17 9mm TORTURE TEST

http://www.theprepared.com/index.php...ask=view&id=90

Show us a documented SIG or HK with that many rounds, treated in this manner with as few problems. Then you may get some converts. Until then they are over priced, high maintenance, less robust and less reliable pistols.

PS the Glocks, M&P's and even the XD/XDM's will be eating ammo long after the others are retired from service.
    Not to mention those WW1 1911's that saw combat through Vietnam that are still out there in night stands and dresser draws and yes even holsters getting the job done!

Last edited:

IUBrink

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    Show us a documented SIG or HK with that many rounds, treated in this manner with as few problems. Then you may get some converts. Until then they are over priced, high maintenance, less robust and less reliable pistols.

1300676487082.jpg

Top Bottom