• ...and so much more!
  • 2in1evtime

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.4%
    63   1   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    retired-midwest
    I learned years ago to not advertise to friends and family what i have. I do have a listing as to who should get what on my demise in the safe, my wife and family knows of the list but not what is in it. People talk and being that it can set you up for a robbery or a possible red flag law deal if you upset the wrong person.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I heard that there was/is a problem with the grip screw depth and you needed a shorter screw to make milspec grips fit. Perhaps this was an older issue. I have three Anderson lowers all purchased within the last year and have not run into this .
    I have one of them...

jeffsqartan

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2012
    I've been running an Anderson lower for a few years now. The only issue I've come up with is a feeding issue on my 300blk upper. I've switched uppers and kept the same barrel. Issue persists. Round is slamming into the barrel extension. Looks to me like the feed ramp is too steep when I compare it to the Radical Firearms upper that I have that functions flawlessly.
    Ordered a Ballistic Advantage barrel for Black Friday. If that doesn't fix it, then I'm thinking it's some kind of weird upper/lower fitment issue, even though I've swapped uppers around.

At any rate. I'd say, for most people, something like an Anderson works just fine. And if I were the kind to buy 80% lowers, I'd start with something like an Anderson. That way if I trash the first couple, at least I'm not out a lot of coin.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I've built several rifles on Anderson lowers. 5.56, 6.5 Grendel, 7.62x39, 458 SOCOM to name a few. They all work just as well as my Aero and battle Arms lowers.

BGDave

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    207   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Beech Grove
    I learned years ago to not advertise to friends and family what i have. I do have a listing as to who should get what on my demise in the safe, my wife and family knows of the list but not what is in it. People talk and being that it can set you up for a robbery or a possible red flag law deal if you upset the wrong person.
    Is the combo for your safe written in sharpie on the back of your refrigerator?
    LB, build up some cheapie ARs for your posse in case of EOTWAWKI. Hand em out like party favors.

Last edited:

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I have 3 builds done on PSA lowers that turned out nice. Issues I’ve run into with them are the rear pocket is a bit shallow and pins tend to walk without an anti-rotation kit installed. Other than that, they’ve been good for what I use them for.

BStarkey 46947

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 14, 2012
    I had to read the first few posts to decipher what a poverty pony actually was a reference to.

I have one poverty pony plus a PSA full lower put back. Next run-up to the election will begin shortly. Currently running PSA and Remington lowers.

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    I have a $550 reciever set from f1 and a couple anderson/ and psa lowers.
    None of them come even close to the quality, feel or looks of the f1.

That being said, I have ran several k rounds through my main rifle which is an anderson. I have ran it quite hard as well. I have unwavering confidence in that rifle. I must've gotten very lucky as I still wouldn't place that much trust in another amateur built rifle.

Spyco

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 26, 2012
    NWI
    I thought this about having pitted and rusted to crap worthless colt revolvers. Now I know it's someone who knows that owns a bunch of AR15's. No issue with owning a bunch of clones AR15s, especially with how Colt quality has TANKED and not kept up with pricing. Loads of better guns out there and ones you can build yourself.

Top Bottom