• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pdg45acp

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Kokomo
    Ok, my son calls me while I'm working today wanting to know what options his boss has.

The situation is this: his boss got a letter from the State Police saying he got denied his LTCP because of some kind of drug and alcohol issues. His boss has 2 DUIs more than 5 years old and no felony convictions.

My 2 cents on this is that my son's boss is on the IMPD list of troublemakers and they torpedoed him when he filed for his permit.

The bottom line is he's going need to fight tooth and nail in court for his permit.

Does anyone know a good Indy attorney that handles carry permit issues?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Valparaiso
    Wish I were an Indy attorney...a lot of money I could make off that one in fees. Chances are that he is not going to get it anyway. The ISP has much more money to go the whole round in court.

I wouldn't issue a LTCH either to someone with a DUI just outside of 5 years. Has he applied for a regular CH?

How old is his boss?

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    First, he needs to calm down and take a deep breath... "fighting tooth and nail" may be unnecessary. This does not have to be adversarial. Call an attorney if he wants to, but call ISP Firearms Licensing Section at (317) 233-5054 and ask them what his options are. I'd expect he could appeal the decision and have a hearing. If he can show good and lawful behavior as you indicate he can, I think they have to issue it to him.

If he can show good and lawful behavior, that would eliminate their objection. One of the criteria, though, is that he be of good character, IIRC. He may need some character witnesses to establish that.

IANAL, TINLA, but this seems to me to be the most prudent course of action.

Blessings,
    Bill

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    Wish I were an Indy attorney...a lot of money I could make off that one in fees. Chances are that he is not going to get it anyway. The ISP has much more money to go the whole round in court.

I wouldn't issue a LTCH either to someone with a DUI just outside of 5 years. Has he applied for a regular CH?

How old is his boss?

:dunno:

LTCH = License To Carry Handgun

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    My 2 cents on this is that my son's boss is on the IMPD list of troublemakers and they torpedoed him when he filed for his permit.
    More likely he was denied because he apparently has a drinking problem and a drug problem. :twocents:

But I suppose it's always some one else's fault. Responsibility... It doesn't have the meaning it used to.

He torpedoed himself when he picked up a bottle and a set of car keys.

Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    More likely he was denied because he apparently has a drinking problem and a drug problem. :twocents:

But I suppose it's always some one else's fault. Responsibility... It doesn't have the meaning it used to.

:+1:Some people just don't get it.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    First, he needs to calm down and take a deep breath... "fighting tooth and nail" may be unnecessary. This does not have to be adversarial. Call an attorney if he wants to, but call ISP Firearms Licensing Section at (317) 233-5054 and ask them what his options are. I'd expect he could appeal the decision and have a hearing. If he can show good and lawful behavior as you indicate he can, I think they have to issue it to him.

If he can show good and lawful behavior, that would eliminate their objection. One of the criteria, though, is that he be of good character, IIRC. He may need some character witnesses to establish that.

IANAL, TINLA, but this seems to me to be the most prudent course of action.

Blessings,
    Bill

this ^^^ bill is a guy i would want to take with me to go club hopping (if i still did that). he would be the guy that tells you "uh, man, you might not wanna keep making out with that other guys girlfriend because when he and his buddies come back there is gonna be hell to pay" :laugh:

he is the calm voice of reason that some of us need in life. I have calmed down a lot as i have aged some, but man I wish I would have had Bill as my battle buddy afew times :):

pdg45acp

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Kokomo
    To throw salt on this guy's wounds, his girlfriend also has a DUI. She recently got her permit.

:ingo:

I conveyed Bill's advice and Bryan's name to my son so he can convey that to the angry boss.
    :)

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Valparaiso
    LPP...Lifetime Personal Protection permit? I was only asking if the boss applied for a lifetime permit or a regular permit. Never know if that makes a difference. People (ISP) work in strange ways sometimes...

smitty12b

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Do you really want to help a guy get a permit who has show on at least two occasions that he doesn't care about anyone but himself. This is not the kind of person that needs to be carrying a gun around town.

He needs to learn the three R's
    respect yourself
    respect others
    be responsible for your actions.

I hate drunk driver, they are a plague on society. Why do I feel this way? a drunk piece of **** killed my niece 11yrs ago.

Griffeycom

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 20, 2008

It won't let me rep you!! :(:(:( sooooo :+1: this will have to do for now.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Do you really want to help a guy get a permit who has show on at least two occasions that he doesn't care about anyone but himself. This is not the kind of person that needs to be carrying a gun around town.

He needs to learn the three R's
    respect yourself
    respect others
    be responsible for your actions.

I hate drunk driver, they are a plague on society. Why do I feel this way? a drunk piece of **** killed my niece 11yrs ago.
    And just maybe this guy was a drunk POS five years ago and had reality give him a smack upside the head, too. I know someone who had that happen to her... Got busted for OWI because she put her car in park in a turn lane and went to sleep. Spent a few months without a car, then got another one while on a conditional license and won't touch a drop of alcohol now if there's even a remote possibility she'll have to drive... and if she HAS been drinking, someone else drives or she doesn't leave the house. They do sometimes learn, albeit too late in some cases. My condolences on the loss of your niece. Very sad situation.

Blessings,
    Bill

Top Bottom