My teenage son had to "evacuate the area" last night.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Concerned Citizen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2010
    Brownsburg
    My son came home at 10:00 last night. Said about 8:45 pm he and a couple friends were in a car in the parking lot of the Avon McDonalds, S.R. 267 & Rockville Rd.

Police approach them, ask them what their doing, then tell them they need to leave, because there was just an armed robery at the gas station accross the street, and they haven't found the guy yet.

This is in no way a rough area, and was only 8:45 pm.

EvilKidsMeal

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 11, 2010
    Highland
    not to be rude or anything, but im not sure i understand the point of this post.

it just goes to show you that ANYTHING can happen ANYWHERE at ANYTIME. precisely why i carry a gun. you never know when something might happen...

mtb

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2010
    agree with evilkids meal. Armed robbery occurs anywhere, and you better be prepared.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    As I see the point of the post is to point out that anywhere is fair game for those intent on breaking the law. Something easily forgotten in some areas that seem "safe".

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    Nothing in the papers or online about a robbery:dunno:

OP you should call the police dept to see if they caught the robber

EvilKidsMeal

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 11, 2010
    Highland
    As I see the point of the post is to point out that anywhere is fair game for those intent on breaking the law. Something easily forgotten in some areas that seem "safe".

even a better way to say why i carry a gun for my protection. there are no "SAFE" places. that's impossible. if someone wnats to break the law and possibly harm someone they are goin to do it and they will not think twice about it just cause it's a "nice" or "safe" place.

protect you and yours at all costs and never for a second let your guard down because you think you are "safe".

Concerned Citizen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2010
    Brownsburg
    The point of my post was to reiterate that Violent crime can happen anywhere, anytime.

I did not find any news reports about it, but I did believe my son when he told me that's what the cop said.

Love the 1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 20, 2010
    I can't believe these cops asked your son to leave for his own safety. What idiots!!! You can't even get killed or robbed without the cops telling you what to do these days. What has this country come to?

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    The point of my post was to reiterate that Violent crime can happen anywhere, anytime.

I did not find any news reports about it, but I did believe my son when he told me that's what the cop said.

I'm sure your son told you what the cop said, I just wonder if the cop told the truth:dunno:

zombiehunter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    New Castle, IN
    this definitely shows a sign of the times! Small towns are just as much at risk for robberies as any other town....and when it gets closer to the holidays it seems people get more desperate and will rob just about anyone to get ahead!

This is a major reason I'm trying to convince my wife to start carrying...even if it's something like a small .22 or .38, anything is better than nothing!

Kcustom45

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Brownsburg

Well your son wasn't lying I can tell you that. I heard the call come out on my radio. I never did hear if they caught the guy though.

I'm sure your son told you what the cop said, I just wonder if the cop told the truth:dunno:
    Really :rolleyes:

Woodrow

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 30, 2010
    Munster
    Sounds to me like your son got away with armed robbery. He's obviously pulled the wool over your eyes and out-smarted the cops.

A sad commentary on the times when teenagers are resorting to armed robbery for kicks in between McDonald's runs. Sad sad sad.

LawDog76

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Brownsburg
    My son came home at 10:00 last night. Said about 8:45 pm he and a couple friends were in a car in the parking lot of the Avon McDonalds, S.R. 267 & Rockville Rd.

Police approach them, ask them what their doing, then tell them they need to leave, because there was just an armed robery at the gas station accross the street, and they haven't found the guy yet.

This is in no way a rough area, and was only 8:45 pm.

Damn it!! I was driving through that area about that time with my wife. I always miss all the good stuff.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    It's the "nice" areas that people are most off their guard. My finance's former house was less than two miles from that intersection and was broken into at lunch time about three months ago. One kick to the door and they were in. Luckily, we were at the the taco hell around the corner when the alarm company called. I was clearing the house before the local LEO's got the call.
    On a good note, two Hendricks Co Deputies and one Avon officer responded within minutes and I got no hassles as I walked out of the house holstering my pistol as they pulled up.

Top Bottom