• KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    DB860FF0-2BC6-47F7-A248-3C7662B05949_zpshb5pisqr.png

Some one of the guns. This could be a quiz, can you name them?

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    The one on the far right - newish Remington/Ruger/Savage bolt with the removable magazine?

Mike D.

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 10, 2013
    Indianapolis
    The far right is a savage axis .308 bolt, top fed. The far left is a .450 bushmaster AR. The .450 worked great on the one hog I did kill, the hog was at a full run 120 yards out and I hit it in the shoulder and the hog flipped and was down.

Sailor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    I want to do this but have trouble paying for it. It's like charging an exterminator to kill rats in NYC.

If I had friends property to hunt down there I would be there in second.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    I want to do this but have trouble paying for it. It's like charging an exterminator to kill rats in NYC.

If I had friends property to hunt down there I would be there in second.

There's no such thing as a free vacation.

We had lunch in the local diner, and met several people, including the mayor of the town. The diner is the Republican Headquarters, and owned by the mayor. :D We got a few phone numbers of people that would be happy to have us come shoot hogs. We discussed amongst our group, the possibility for a future visit. We quickly decided it wouldn't really save us anything haveing "free land" to hunt.

The amenities at M.Y. Ranch make up for the cost.
    1) We get to stay on the property for cheaper than we could get motel rooms.
    2) elevated hunting blinds and feeders are on the property. Most have motion activated green lights.
    3) onsite freezer and ranch hand to skin the hogs.

The biggest benefit of all is just being on the property. We got there, unloaded the atv's, unhooked the trailers, and made ourselves at home. There is a big fire pit, endless pile of firewood, several grills, all the comforts of home. You don't get the that at the Holiday Inn. Get done hunting, load your pig in the freezer, then sit by the fire.
    If we were staying off site, it wouldn't have been as enjoyable and relaxing.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine

We had lunch in the local diner, and met several people, including the mayor of the town. The diner is the Republican Headquarters, and owned by the mayor. :D We got a few phone numbers of people that would be happy to have us come shoot hogs. We discussed amongst our group, the possibility for a future visit. We quickly decided it wouldn't really save us anything haveing "free land" to hunt.

2) elevated hunting blinds and feeders are on the property. Most have motion activated green lights.

The biggest benefit of all is just being on the property. We got there, unloaded the atv's, unhooked the trailers, and made ourselves at home. There is a big fire pit, endless pile of firewood, several grills, all the comforts of home. You don't get the that at the Holiday Inn. Get done hunting, load your pig in the freezer, then sit by the fire.

Dude. I'm already jealous of your rockstar lifestyle. Now you're just rubbing it in. :xmad:

Sailor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Fort Wayne

Not looking for a vacation, and that is not really my style of hunting. Looking at the populations on public land down right now.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    Finally got around to pulling some pics and videos off of of the scope. Sorry, can't get the videos to upload, but her are a few pics.

This one went to the meat processor today. In the second pic, one second later, you can see the dead one to the far left, and the rest disappeared back into the woods.

BB030F2E-54B2-49E9-BF50-1AC54792748F_zpso9ddmgog.png

C28BF27A-3E3F-45D2-B825-F88E8D1911EE_zps96zkm01o.png

C4C1D17D-5D69-4531-96B4-1A689508C947_zpsbcsnrcgg.png

There are actually six pigs in this next pic. The three big ones you can see, and three little ones that can't be seen in the tall grass. Dropped the sow in the cross hairs, but got back up while chasing the others. Not recovered.

8232F523-C0B6-4DAA-997A-32BC2CA481E0_zpsulzhxw0a.png

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    Yes sir, 9-36x100 384

To get a little perspective, all pics are at 9 power. Top two are 134 yards, middle is about 68 yards, and the bottom is above 300 yards.

Looks great! I just ordered a Flir Thermosight PTS233 a couple weeks ago. They are supposed to go into production the last week of September and ship in early October. I am dying to get my hands on it.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Seyboldbryan
    Top Bottom