• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    after reading a long thread I went to post a great musing that would change the world and got a message that "my token has expired. Please refresh the page"

I refreshed the page got the same message. SO, I went back to the sub forum by clicking the link at the top of the page then went back into the awesome thread I was in and was able to post.

What is up INGO? What is a token and why did it expire?

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    When you sign in, did you click on "remember me"?
    But of course.

This only occurs when I have had a thread open for a long time and have not posted in it.

Example I start reading a thread, stop to eat dinner, then come back finish reading the thread and then try to post in that thread.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Your authentication token is expiring. Not sure why, as I have not encountered that issue myself (I use firefox). I'm assuming the forum software uses browser cookies to keep you logged in, and maybe something is expiring the cookie on your PC.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Before posting, "select all" and "copy". Then refresh the page. Then "paste".
    That might help.

I have to agree with this. There have been many times I have written a long response only to have a site or my computer, or the net or who knows hickup and I lose everything. Now after a long reply I select everything I wrote and make a copy of it. Saved me more than once.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I have to agree with this. There have been many times I have written a long response only to have a site or my computer, or the net or who knows hickup and I lose everything. Now after a long reply I select everything I wrote and make a copy of it. Saved me more than once.

I have, on occasion, been known to be right.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    You have to insert a token into your computer every hour when you're posting on INGO.
    For epic threads you need a "super token" or it wont let you posts.
    I buy mines directly from the INGO online token shop.
    If you dont have a token slot in the back of your computer you need a USB/token adapter (also sold on "shop INGO" for $49.99).

g1377.jpg

Hope it helps. :ingo:

Top Bottom