• ...and so much more!
  • ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    My Glock 43 had been my summer EDC since it came out. I love the concealability of it and I am a Glock guy anyway. However, I have recently really gotten into shooting pistols with red dots on them. Over the past year I have added RMRs to about 4 of my handguns.

Then I came across the Shield RMS and saw a picture of one mounted on a S&W Shield. I knew then I had to have one on my G43.

Since I was already going to have the slide milled to mount the RMS, I decided I would also have Zach @ ZRTS do some slight lightening, front serrations and a matching battleworn cerakote job on it to match what he had done to my G21SF. I think they are a nice pair :)

Overall, I am very pleased with the RMS. I went with the 4 MOA version and I love that I did not have to remove my Dawson Precision sights I had already installed on the G43 (RMS cowitnesses with standard height sights. The RMS hangs over the side of the slide like 1/16", but not enough to be a problem.

I am loving my custom, upgraded G43 :)

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    How's the Shield been holding up compared to the RMR? Been thinking of the exact setup for my 43.

I have only put about 100 rounds through it since I got the RMS installed. However, the RMS unit seems like a pretty robust piece of equipment, machined out of a single piece of aluminum. That all being said, I am not planning on swapping out my RMRs for RMSs, but I am very happy with my purchase.

MrsSilverlight

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2017
    Hamilton County
    I'm glad you're able to carry that without it printing but damn there's NO way in heck I could it off. I'll admit I'm extremely jealous right now.

And now I'm also regretting not waiting and getting my 43 front serrations because this is badass!

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    I'm glad you're able to carry that without it printing but damn there's NO way in heck I could it off. I'll admit I'm extremely jealous right now.

And now I'm also regretting not waiting and getting my 43 front serrations because this is badass!

I typically do not carry it with the Strike Industries extended magazine. Just the normal mag with a Pearce +1.

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    You mind showing us how this setup looks in a holster?

Ask and you shall receive. I had to bust out the Dremel and modify my kydex holster once I put the RMS on it. It was a 15 minute job with the cutting wheel and some sandpaper.

L0eAB66.jpg

Pgud4Yx.jpg

ILQ7BFF.jpg

OPWBvAd.jpg

Rmodglin

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2016
    Fort Wayne
    I have a similar set up with my 43 and have considered getting the slide milled for a red dot. How has that shield held up for you so far? No pyramid or zev trigger upgrade yet?

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    I have a similar set up with my 43 and have considered getting the slide milled for a red dot. How has that shield held up for you so far? No pyramid or zev trigger upgrade yet?

I only have about 250 rounds through the G43 with the Shield RMS on it. So far so good. No movement of the red dot. Seems to be keeping its zero.

No trigger upgrade yet. I have always been one of those "Don't do trigger changes to your EDC gun" for legal reasons (if you ever had to shoot someone). However, after reading some articles recently on modifying your EDC gun, I am more open to it. So long as you can justify the reasons for which you made the modifications (better trigger = more accurate = less chance of collateral damages), I am more open to it now.

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    Decided to go ahead and spring for a trigger upgrade. I decided on the Overwatch Precision TAC trigger for the G43. I decided on this one after buying a TAC trigger for my G19 build.

I really like this trigger. Shorter take-up. More defined wall and clean break with audible and tactile reset. I am happy with my purchase.

9GulWy2.jpg

vzarPxG.jpg

Top Bottom