• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BackFromDC

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 19, 2023
    Jeffersonville
    I asked Walther pretty please for a Doctor/Noblex plate through their website's free optics plate program.
    Website is a little...problematic...lags like a early 2000's Starcraft server right when a 9 year old Korean kid is about to steamroll your base. Be prepared to refresh at least once before the order goes through.
    Ordered on Dec 1st, arrived yesterday on Jan 29th. I heard certain plates ship out faster.
    1706624777888.png
    The plate seems to be all steel, so heavier than other market offerings in steel or polymer. It mounts...ok...there's a bit of slop but not terrible.
    HOWEVER...they don't exactly give you a lot of screws for the array of models that can fit Doctor/Noblex, so my optic was too thick to mount.
    Oh well, it was free. I was just going to buy another one and mount my Holosun 509t, which is a lot simpler with the clamp mounting system.
    Shopped around, Walther OEM is still the cheapest option at $39.99, and I found out why.
    Dang Europeans and them cutting costs by contracting Umarex!
    1706625095164.png
    I'm sure Umarex can make good stuff, but I rather not trust my carry piece with airsoft parts. I've had not so great experience with FN OEM plates and recoil lugs breaking off.

nucular

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Brownsburg
    I didn't have any issues getting the free plate but I ended up going with the SCS-PDP anyway. It's not my favorite red dot for a couple reasons but i like its low profile.

BackFromDC

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 19, 2023
    Jeffersonville
    I didn't have any issues getting the free plate but I ended up going with the SCS-PDP anyway. It's not my favorite red dot for a couple reasons but i like its low profile.
    I'll check them out, leaning towards Calculated Kinetics right now. I've had good success with their Dog Tag plates.

LD36

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Bloomington, IN
    I bought a used one on here I believe, and they (Walther) still sent me a free plate in about a week or so, despite it having already had a free plate sent to the original owner. My plate felt good quality and had no issues.

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    Just so you know, Walther has been fully owned by Umarex for many years. Without that buyout, there might not even be a Walther today.
    :wow:Wow is a typical reaction when people learn this for the first time.

The Umarex ties are not usually a concern, since they allow Walther full autonomy with the production of the products they build in Ulm Germany, but I would look more skeptically at products with the Walther name that are built in Fort Smith, AR.

Top Bottom