My wife doesn't care for guns...and it's MY fault!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • the only Qualk

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    Valpo
    Well my wife shot a 9mm for the first time with a friend. it was interesting to her for like a minute then she kind of gets bored.
    Then i had her shoot my gsg mp5 a couple magazines through that and she enjoyed it i think. then i had her shoot my s&w 40 .... it was not comfortable for her but she shot the entire magazine haha

Faine

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 2, 2012
    Indy (South Side)
    You say "guns" does that mean rifles too? I'd say work her into it with a rifle IF she's wanting to shoot. I don't push my wife at all, I just tell her I'm going shooting and ask if she wants to come along. If she does she'll bring what she wants to shoot. I have found inviting to come works well, see most wives like to insert/control themselves into their spouses activities where most husbands don't want to go to the wedding shower so we say no thanks and go shooting. They're curious and typically it will get the better of them and they'll choose to go on their own. Then you can break out the rifle or pistol and let them plink.

Seancass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Near Whiteland, IN
    I have to be careful with this! I take my gf shooting every chance I can. She enjoys it most of the time, including shooting a few magnums. I think I've scared more guys than girls with big handguns! Nothing too big here, just 44mag and heavy 45colt.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    44 is too much for a virgin IMHO.

Ugh. What it is about seeing a chick fall on her ass or get a bruise from recoil that makes us feel manly? Full disclosure: I've given my Mosin to a girl or two to shoot.

My wife has a MkIII, then moved up to a CZ 9mm when she was ready.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Feel fortunate. My wife's uncle died in a ND incident. I'm fortunate to be able to own guns at my house. She hates guns. She hates when I have gun shows on. She hates when I get gun catalogs in the mail.

So, all you INGO-ers who have "cool" wives, give 'em an extra hug and peck on the cheek for me, would ya?!!!

My wife's father shot part of his foot off with a 12 gauge as a kid. so guns were always scary things in her home growing up. That is why I haven' had any around until the last couple of years. But now, my kids are excited about shooting, SHE has gone shooting, and more than once, when out and about, she has patted my hip and said she was glad I am carrying. So don't despair. Women CAN change. :)

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I have to be careful with this! I take my gf shooting every chance I can. She enjoys it most of the time, including shooting a few magnums. I think I've scared more guys than girls with big handguns! Nothing too big here, just 44mag and heavy 45colt.

Take her NIGHT shooting and let her see the muzzle blast out of a few magnums.... :)

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Feel fortunate. My wife's uncle died in a ND incident. I'm fortunate to be able to own guns at my house. She hates guns. She hates when I have gun shows on. She hates when I get gun catalogs in the mail.

Why is it that when someone is killed in a car accident, people don't hate cars, car magazines and car shows? The only logical thing I can think of is that they are exposed to cars daily and guns rarely. The logical conclusion then is for all of us to open carry so we can get folks over the irrational fear of what they don't understand. :)

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Why is it that when someone is killed in a car accident, people don't hate cars, car magazines and car shows? The only logical thing I can think of is that they are exposed to cars daily and guns rarely. The logical conclusion then is for all of us to open carry so we can get folks over the irrational fear of what they don't understand. :)

I see your logic and agree with it to a point.
    With the mainstream sound bite drive by media beating the drum for the Anti's this would be a hell of a hill to climb.
    I am a CC only kind of guy due to some bad experiences with idiot LEO's and the general public. Just do not like the attention any more. I have tried a few OC excursions in the last year since being a member here on ingo and it is just not worth the attention. The constant explanations with store security staff and just the stares. I guess I am getting to old to push the envelope anymore.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    UPDATE!!!!!

A few weeks ago, after all these years, I've finally got her behind a gun again. And it was my AR.

[video=youtube_share;SjUXlVaDUuQ]http://youtu.be/SjUXlVaDUuQ[/video]

And today, I had her out with my 10/22 and MKII. She's a good shot. I also talked to her about getting her own 22. She says as long as it's purple or pink.

After almost 16 years of marriage, it just keeps getting better.

Boyds has a purple laminated stock for a Marlin Model 60 that she really likes. I have a model 60 in the safe.

Last edited:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Wait. Have you pissed her off recently? Sure she isnt learning to use it against you?

If you see receipts for Plastic sheeting, shovels, and lime, RUN!

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Wait. Have you pissed her off recently? Sure she isnt learning to use it against you?

If you see receipts for Plastic sheeting, shovels, and lime, RUN!

Well she has plastic from us recently painting a room and she has a few shovels for "gardening". Haven't found any lime yet so.....

Last edited:
    Top Bottom