• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Buckaroo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    NWI
    She had never even seen it or had any interest in rifles really.

We had been planning to go to the range and for her to practice her pistol shooting. The conversation over lunch turned to home defense and specifically when I am away from home. As we talked about what her best options are I pointed out that rifle rounds are better for home defense and that they are actually safer.

She asked if I had a 5.56 and if she could try it today. Well, she was all grins after 10 rounds!

She was tired from the pistol practice and she didn't shoot any more but man did she like it!

I don't have any photos (only had my cell phone with me unfortunately).

Just wanted to share that my lady is coming down with BRD!!!!! I knew it was contagious!

Buckaroo

westfork

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    Ellettsville
    my wife is also ill. i guess i will just have to come up with some medicine and hope it works. if not i'll be forced to use more medicine, or change around parts of the concoction. such a sad situation. i'm afraid we will never overcome this disease... i'm just glad we have such a good support group here on this message board.

:ar15:

dustjunky2000

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Greenfield
    Just wanted to share that my lady is coming down with BRD!!!!! I knew it was contagious!

Buckaroo

Oh man, mine too. Been trying for about a year to get her into rifles. A few months ago she was watching a thing on History Channel about M16s and ARs. She says "I want one of those!" I said "Yeah...me too" lol When we went to the 1500, she didn't care to see anything else. :D

Is this a good thing or a bad thing? :n00b:

Tallenn

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Thorntown
    My wife had it before she ever fired a black rifle. She loves guns almost as much as I do (I'm borderline obsessed, you could say :D... okay, maybe over the border). :laugh:

remymartin

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    My lady has BRD as well, unfortunately hers stands for Buying's Really Dumb. I catch heck everytime I come home with something. Oh well, we're not married, so I'm free and clear.

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    Congrats on finding a good girl!

The girl I'm dating right now wants me to teach her how to shoot as well. And I doubt it'll be long before she's got BRD too :D

Dr Falken

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    I wish my wife would get BRD, there's an extra one there for her...I don't know what it is though, she thinks they're (EBR) ugly, and she won't touch my Glocks. What she really likes are wheel guns and lever actions, wood and steel, go figure!?! But I am proud that she went out and got them and likes to shoot them...just a matter of time though...

GunSlinger77

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    FYI, for you guys that have the wives that want to learn rifle shooting, I was at the INGO AR-15 open house with my husband and picked up info on the AppleSeed Project. Ladies shoot free and learn better marksmanship skills. The shoot is for both experienced and novice shooters.
    Just my :twocents:!!

Fixer

Expert
    Rating - 96.4%
    26   1   1
    Nov 22, 2009
    Fort Wayne Area
    My wife is terminal. Her BRD is at stage 4, we are building her a rifle in 458 Socom. She wants a pink scull and crossbones with a bow on it when it is done. Once she shot mine, which was only after I had it a couple of months, it was all over. Hoping to shoot it a lot more this summer. I bought it in the fall last year.:ar15:

Buckaroo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    NWI
    My wife is terminal. Her BRD is at stage 4, we are building her a rifle in 458 Socom. She wants a pink scull and crossbones with a bow on it when it is done. Once she shot mine, which was only after I had it a couple of months, it was all over. Hoping to shoot it a lot more this summer. I bought it in the fall last year.:ar15:

Congratulations!

Top Bottom