• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Mishawaka
    We had a bit of an argument because I really wanted to go get her gun off layaway, but she wanted it more than me (go figure :rockwoot: )

She finished breakfast, grabbed a couple boxes of .22lr (gasp !!) a couple targets and my 10 yr old and went to get her gun.

While she was there, she shared some range time w/ our 10 yr old son. They grabbed a couple videos of their caper.

Please keep in mind, she has FSH muscular dystrophy with very limited strength in her arms, and therefore, can't hold a gun up and use the sights the way they're supposed to be used. She typically shoots/trains for point of aim and is extremely accurate doing so. Her other gun has a laser on it to help if need be. This is why she isn't holding the gun out in front of her. She also shoots left handed so the videos look weird to me :laugh: but I think they both did a fine job.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lA8mzV22p2Y[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpFa2wJqr3E[/ame]

And, one of my favorite moments as a dad, my 10 yr old doing a textbook perfect clearing of a jam on dad's M&P 9 full size. (I was with him for the following video, because of his demonstrated ability and safety, I sent him as the 'coach' with his mom this morning :rockwoot: )

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKpaqSXthfY[/ame]

All said and done, they had a GREAT time, brought home dairy queen and port-a-pit chicken and looking forward to some range time with her myself in the near future.

Glad she's into guns like I am. She already told me "we need a bigger safe".. the guns keep breeding :):

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Mishawaka
    They had a blast. It was cool to hand over the range bag (to my son :laugh: ) and have him 'take his mom' shooting :):

I kid.. I know my son is super safe and capable and figured he would help her out and it was great bonding time for them both.

She has a bersa thunder .380 that she carries (and he shoots it too LOL) but she wanted to shoot the M&P today just because it's a new one :D

I believe I'm "raising the right family" over here.. I asked my wife what gun she wants next.. her reply was "let's build a pink AR" :rockwoot:

I told her I'd shoot the crap out of a pink AR (with her of course) :laugh:

glock212327

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    68   0   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    Hendricks County
    That is great that your wife takes the kids out to shoot they will remember that for years to come.

What range are they shooting at? ive never seen one that has steel targets down range thats nice.

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Mishawaka
    That is great that your wife takes the kids out to shoot they will remember that for years to come.

What range are they shooting at? ive never seen one that has steel targets down range thats nice.

Kodiak Firing range and training center in South Bend.

They also have hangers for paper targets as well.

danmrt868

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    ft. wayne
    Man i hope my 9yr old is doing this well in sept. when he turns 10 i would say you have done a good job from what i see. Makes me think i will let him fire my pt911 sunday. He has shot some 22lr pistols but been holding off on my 9mm cause he is pretty skinny and not sure if he will limp wrist the gun or not.

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Mishawaka
    Man i hope my 9yr old is doing this well in sept. when he turns 10 i would say you have done a good job from what i see. Makes me think i will let him fire my pt911 sunday. He has shot some 22lr pistols but been holding off on my 9mm cause he is pretty skinny and not sure if he will limp wrist the gun or not.

Let him start with one round at a time. Make sure to teach him proper grip etc.

My son (in the video) is about 50 pounds soaking wet (ok, maybe more than 50, but not much.. he's a little dude) :)

She is a keeper.

Thanks. We seem to think so :)

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    I'm not sure what is more impressive, your wife's ability to get lead on target despite her health issues, your son's clearing of the jam, or his ability to rack the slide!

:yesway:

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Mishawaka
    I'm not sure what is more impressive, your wife's ability to get lead on target despite her health issues, your son's clearing of the jam, or his ability to rack the slide!

:yesway:

The really cool part, is that my wife is able to rack the slide on the 9mm even with her health limitations :)

My son can manipulate any of my guns that he's shot.

I have a couple pistols that he's still leery of shooting.. I'll break him in soon enough.

My wife is very accurate at shooting within her limitations VERY accurately.. almost scary :draw: :laugh:

Top Bottom