Not open for further replies.

haldir

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Goshen
    Gateway Pundit

An identified group with unknown sponsors has purchased building steps away from where the WorldTrade Center once stood — to turn it into potentially one of the largest New York City mosques.

At the moment the building, the old Burlington Coat Factory, already serves as a mini-mosque: an iron grill lifts every Friday afternoon for a little known Imam leading prayers a few yards away from where Osama Bin Laden’s airborne Islamist bombers killed nearly 3000 people back in 2001.

The Imam, Feisal Abdul Rauf, told the New York Times — which put the story on its front page Wednesday — that he has assembled several million dollars to turn it into ‘’an Islamic center near the city’s most hallowed piece of land that would stand as one of ground zero’s more unexpected and striking neighbors.’’
    The 61-year-old Imam said he paid $4.85 million for it — in cash, records show. With 50,000 square feet of air rights and enough financing, he plans an ambitious project of $150 million, he said, akin to the Chautauqua Institution, the 92 Street Y or the Jewish Community Center.

The origins of such monies are unexplained; neither are the countries or entity advancing such huge donations. Most US mosques, including many in Brooklyn, Queens and the Bronx are funded directly or indirectly by Saudi Arabia the country to which 15 of the 19 hijackers who bombed the World TradeCenter belonged. The UAE, Qatar and Iran are other major sponsors across the USA.

gmviso

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2009
    NE Indiana
    Real nice..... I expect that this will be a muslim shrine in honor of the murderers who devastated the country and killed the innocents.

haldir

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Goshen
    Real nice..... I expect that this will be a muslim shrine in honor of the murderers who devastated the country and killed the innocents.

That would be nice. After all, we all know America was to blame for what happened. Oh wait, we actually did it ourselves remember... wait... didn't anyone tell the poor Muslims they didn't actually do it....

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Now they'll have a more fitting Venue than the 9-11 museum to hear the poor misunderstood muslims point of view. And I specifically didn't say muslim "terrorists" either!

Shadowbeach

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2008
    I think that this would be akin to putting up a shrine to Hitler or Nazism at Auschwitz. That is how offensive it is to me.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I think that this would be akin to putting up a shrine to Hitler or Nazism at Auschwitz. That is how offensive it is to me.

Now I can't believe you would feel this way, didn't they teach you touchy feely in school and how bad Americans are and moms' apple pie and hotdogs are made out of ground up children. This can't be offensive, it's happening to US, only WE are capable of offensive acts!!!!:n00b:

:lol2::lol2:Hugely sarcastic statement above:lol2::lol2:

Shadowbeach

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2008
    Now I can't believe you would feel this way, didn't they teach you touchy feely in school and how bad Americans are and moms' apple pie and hotdogs are made out of ground up children. This can't be offensive, it's happening to US, only WE are capable of offensive acts!!!!:n00b:
    No, but I went to school way, way back in the ought-1900's, before they started doing that crap. :cool:

WabashMX5

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2009
    Brownsburg
    Boy, it sure would be a tragic irony if a large airplane happened to crash into that "mosque" during peak call-to-prayer hours. Darn shame that'd be.

haldir

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Goshen
    Yeah, we used to say the Pledge of Allegiance in the schools I went to also!! And horror of horrors, morning prayer!! At a public school no less!

I remember that. Most every teacher had a Bible on their desk and a paddle sitting in the corner. I think all the kids were better behaved and learned one heck of a lot more than they do now. Ah, but we can't risk that some POS doesn't have a positive self image can we? Good to know that the kids can be idiots, committing all sorts of crimes, and still feel good about themselves.

.30 Cal Al

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2009
    Hi

Most of the citizens of Germany before WWII were Lutherans. Anyone against building a Lutheran church near Auschwitz?

Anyone?

I didn't think so.

Most of the Muslims I know are over here specifically to get away from the kind of crap that the radicals are pushing down everyone's throats. All the rest don't much care, one way or another, as long as the bars stay open and they can still get real bacon bits on their salads.

Yes: Most of the jerks who planned and performed the significant acts that led to 9-11 were from Saudi Arabia. In the same way, 100% of the people who planned and performed the significant acts that led toteh Oklahoma City Bombing were Army vets!

No one's blaming the Army.

Well: I hope no one's blaming the Army.

This is the U.S.A. We're supposed to have that whole, "innocent until proven guilty," thing going on!

A bunch of pernicious prevaricating peckerheads have figured out that yelling, "Allahu Akbar," when they do things... things specifically designed to grab headlines, I might add... can get us to voluntarily impose restrictions on our own freedoms. and suspecting... or even hating... our law-abiding neighbors to boot.

Don't get me wrong: I'm concerned about the apparent attractiveness of radical Islam to your average young-ish, comfortable-ish, well-to-do-ish Muslim as I can get without being wrapped up in a canvass long-sleeved burrito suit, but I remind myself that, "radical," means not only, "from the roots up," but also both, "favoring drastic reform," AND "departing from the ordinary or customary."

That first bit is what's making us look at Muslims as a group, in the same way we have looked at Irish, Swedish, German, Japanese, Chinese, British, French, Russian, African, European, Indian, the other kind of Indian, and people that wear red pocket T-shirts. We figure that they're different from us -- and by, "us," I mean that group of everyone else BUT the specific group in question -- in some mysterious and fundamental way.

It's never been true before, right? Any Irish, Swedish, German, Japanese, Chinese, British, French, Russians, Africans, Europeans, Indians, or other kind of Indians think it was right?

I take it upon myself to speak fo the other red pocket T-shirt wearing peoples when I say it was never right then and it isn't right now.

The other two meanings tell us why.

Well... tell me why, anyhow.

First: It IS drastic reform, and most people don't like drastic reform. We spend our lives making an area around ourselves where we are comfortable. Drastic reform means wrecking that... and for what?

Second: It IS departing from the ordinary or customary. That means that MOST OF WHATEVER GROUP WE'RE TALKING ABOUT AIN'T UP WITH THE PROGRAM! No matter what the idea is, or who's talking about it, if it's, "radical," they're in small rooms taking to small groups.

...and right there's part of the problem.

Young people don't think of how their parents have things set up as, "comfortable," and, more than anything, they want CHANGE. Remember how you felt when you hit car-driving age? How you longed... ached... to be somewhere other than your folk's house?

Young folks hang out with other young people... in small groups. Their general means of communicating with adults is filtered through their, "you just don't understand," gland and their, "you're not the boss of me," duct. The only people who really dig them are other people with similarly functioning endocrine system.

Teen and young adult Muslims feel the same way... just as you did when you were young. Then one of two things happens: One of them gets the idea, spontaneously, that that they're right and that everyone else is an idiot, or aong comes this guy that's trained and practiced in taking advantage of the situation telling them the same thing... and throws 70 virgins into the bargain.

Tell the truth, now... what did you think of your parents when you were around 14, 15, or 16... back when you had zits and spoke gibbereish when you tried to talk to a girl, and one time I peed my pants I was so nervous - it was just a drop or two, but the heat and moisture was all I could think about and Renita probably thought you were retarded or something?

Add obeying (someone else's interpretation of) God's Holy word and 70 virgins to teh mix and ask yourself, honestly, what you'd have done.

We're all terrorists at heart. We all want to destroy the world and rebuild it as someplace that will make us happy and fulfilled. Most of us...and most of THEM, whoever them is... settle for a situation where we can be more happy and more fulfilled than we are, but still allow the guys next to us, known or unknown to us, friends or not, to make their own happy-er, fulfilled-er place in the world.

Some people look at the news and see the horrible things that some of THEM have done recently, and immediately blame ALL of them for it. The most obvious...and onerous... example I can think of along those lines is firearms ownership.

Some folks see a few Gun Owners doing bad things to other people, and immediately jump on the idea that all Gun Owners must be just like that.

Bad, isn't it... bad and just plain stupid.

Now: Read the sentence above, replacing, "Gun Owners," with, "Muslims."

Does it make it any better? Does it make it any less stupid?

That whole, "innocent until proven guilty," thing is beautiful, but you have to kind of allow them to do something to be guilty of before you get all excited, litigational, and jurisprudent.

Let 'em build their mosque. If it turns out to have been built with dirty money, or if they start advocating murder or destruction of property there, impound it and turn it into a civic center.

Oh - also - on the principal of, "keep your friends close and your enemies closer," keep a very close watch on the guys that are building it. TNT and Composition C-4 are not suitable materials for a weight-bearing walls. Most won't be involved in that kind of junk, but a few rotten apples... oh... Lord... I can't say it! I've reached my daily limit of< "Ancient Wisdom," references!!

Anyhow. Yah. You get the idea.

Treat folks like individuals. Let 'em carry guns. Let 'em be Muslimim. Let 'em build mosques. Let 'em wear red pocket T-shirts. Let 'em do what they will, and then, if they step outside the law, invite them as individuals to have a visit with twelve of their peers and see what the non-radical part of the population thinks.

AJBB87

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 6, 2009
    Here
    Please everyone, I urge you all to remain politically correct and prejudice free. We must be polite and understanding to the Muslim citizens. We must not offend them or anyone else by saying they cannot built a mosque near the ground where there radical brothers killed so many Americans. If you don't like it please keep it to yourself so as not to offend anyone.

This PSA brought to you by the ad council for Liberal BS.

:n00b:

They are antagonizing us. Can there be any other reason to dedicate building as a mosque that close to the WTC besides stupid?

.30 Cal Al

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2009
    Hi

They are antagonizing us. Can there be any other reason to dedicate building as a mosque that close to the WTC besides stupid?

How about a, "99.99% of us didn't do this, and everyone who didn't do this is very sorry it happened," memorial?

I believe that it may be a deliberate provocation, but what's it a provocation to except the very kind of reaction some are showing to it?

"See? Americans talk about liberty, freedom, and innocence until proof of guilt, but just let us Muslimim try to build a Mosque...."

Remember that guy that killed a Sikh after 9-11 because all he could see was a turban, funny clothes and a beard? Remember the play that got around the world?

I say: Always try to do what's right, even if it hurts you, and wrong is wrong, even if it helps you.

"...with liberty and justice for all." Remember that? "For all," includes you, your buds, and all those other guys that totally **** you foo, too.

AJBB87

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 6, 2009
    Here
    Hi

"See? Americans talk about liberty, freedom, and innocence until proof of guilt, but just let us Muslimim try to build a Mosque...."

Show me where I said they could not do it...

*edit* I did type that in my first post but I was being sarcastic so I didn't say it. :cool:

It is a free country (?used to be?). I support the right of U.S. citizens to practice their religion wherever they want.

I feel that by converting the building into a mosque, funded by Saudi Arabia and/or other middle eastern countries that close to the WTC, is trying to start trouble. It seems to me that they are looking us in the face with a poo eating grin on their face saying "look what we can do."

Call me prejudiced, but I think its in bad taste and if the people behind this deal gave a crap about their relations with the American People (at least me :laugh:) then they would choose somewhere else.

AJB

Agent 007

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2009
    How about a, "99.99% of us didn't do this, and everyone who didn't do this is very sorry it happened," memorial?

I believe that it may be a deliberate provocation, but what's it a provocation to except the very kind of reaction some are showing to it?

Remember that guy that killed a Sikh after 9-11 because all he could see was a turban, funny clothes and a beard? Remember the play that got around the world?

I say: Always try to do what's right, even if it hurts you, and wrong is wrong, even if it helps you.

"...with liberty and justice for all." Remember that? "For all," includes you, your buds, and all those other guys that totally **** you foo, too.

It's nice to be open-minded. But not so open-minded that your brain falls out.

For all of your wordiness, you are ignoring one very important fact. The muslim holy book calls for non-believers to be forcefully converted, subjugated or killed. Period. That is a tenet of their beliefs. Now, while I am quite thankful for the peaceful muslims who don't necessarily act on these exhortations of their lunatic prophet, the fact remains that they subscribe to a religion that teaches these things. That alone makes them suspect to me, and a potential danger to be watched closely. The tenets of islam are not compatible with modern western society. One needs to only visit a majority muslim nation and compare their tolerance of non-muslims to our tolerance of various religions to realize the truth about islam.

Freedom, equality and justice are noble ideals, but they only survive in a nation that values them enough to fight for them. Ignoring the threat of islam by equating it with religions that do not call for the subjugation and outright slaughter of non-believers is the equivalent of sticking your head in the sand. You believe in freedom for all? I believe in freedom for all who BELIEVE in freedom. The enemy deserves no quarter, no matter the nature of the battle. If islam were ever to become a political force in this nation, you would quickly realize that the freedom, equality and justice that you speak of in defending the muslims means little or nothing to them.

Who is more concerned with liberty and freedom.....the one who recognizes threats against our free society and speaks out, or the philosopher who diddles with moralistic platitudes while the barbarians are at the gate?

22lr

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Jeff Gordon Country
    So the land of "Freedom of Religion" now is supposed to suspend the free exercise of religion? So whats next, no churchs next to the abortion clinics that Christian extremest bombed. Religious fanatics carried out the attacks on 9/11/01 not Islam as a whole. Freedom of Religion spreads to Muslims as well as Christians (and the rest of the world).

If we want to crack down on something how about Hezbollah, they get the majority of there funding from interstate cigarette sales (thats interstate, as in within the USA). Lets go after the terrorists not the peaceful Muslims who arnt hurting anyone. Or should we ban all Catholic Churches for there terrorism of the Protestants over in the old world? Maybe ban all Christian churches because a few nut jobs bomb abortion clinics? Once you start banning religious places its a massive pandoras box and it leads towards a black hole. Israel is a Jewish country, and they still allow Mosques. If anyone had a right to ban the Muslims its Israel, and yet they don't.

*disclaimer* Im a born again Christian and am not defending Islam or other religions, just that they have a right to worship just as much as the Christians. Its kinda what America is all about, as in founding fathers intent.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom