• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    My 8 year old loves it, and I think the show has probably done a lot of good for society. It has helped geeky parents bond with their kids, and it has kids interested in STEM, which is great. I think the "Outrageous acts of Science" is going to fill the void. Pretty good show with some similar themes, but not as much about proving the myths as much as explaining why certain things work they way they do.

I'm sure we haven't heard the end of Adam and Jayme. I'm sure Adam will continue to have a public speaking life, and perhaps even find his way into another show. My guess is Jayme will probably keep a shop open and do special effects and stuff for movies, and also go for a swim every night in his pile of money like Scrooge McDuck.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    I quit watching the show years ago, couldn't stand the 3 co-stars. Haven't had cable in a couple of years so I haven't been able to see anything recent.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    A pretty interesting interview with both Adam and Jamie.

Apparently they have a working relationship, but aren't exactly friends. Jamie didn't like having to do all the stuff for tv and was constantly frustrated at how long many of the builds took because of the filming process.

'Mythbusters' to end with final season | EW.com
    Jamie always looked frustrated, like he was being imposed on. IMO

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Good riddance.

I watched it regularly until they featured the Obamas. I turned it off as soon as he started talking, and I refuse to watch any of it now.

Yeah! The president has no business encouraging kids to take an interest in science and math.

The Mythbusters should stay forever tarnished for ever allowing him to appear on the show.

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    Yeah! The president has no business encouraging kids to take an interest in science and math.

The Mythbusters should stay forever tarnished for ever allowing him to appear on the show.

Remind me again what his business is again? Seems to me he spends far too much time being a celebrity, and not enough time doing whatever it is that he should be doing.

Not that he has ever once done anything that he should have done.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    it might have been a financial move, too. when a popular show has enough episodes for rerun syndication, it pays to add a few more episodes.

I don't remember which show, but I read that one show had its last few episodes fully funded by the producers, just so they could reach a magic syndication number.
    (might be 100 episodes?)

248 episodes already aired. Plus the few next year.

Spear Dane

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    Kokomo area
    Just read that this will be the last season of Mythbusters. Sad to see it go. I was a great show.

Guaranteed to happen when they ran off Kari, Grant and the other guy. But mostly Kari. But the guys maybe are bored with it. Only so many interesting myths out there and maybe they will come up with a new concept.

Spear Dane

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    Kokomo area
    No. The series.

Mark Kelly was on Jeopardy tonight on a video clue. I will never watch Jeopardy again. Pissed me off for the rest of the night. I'm still fuming.

You might ought to see about a pill or 3, you got some issues. Really, the guys wife almost dies and is certainly permanently damaged in a shooting and you fault him for becoming a gun control advocate? You really do have serious issues.

Top Bottom