Not open for further replies.

boileralum

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 6, 2010
    Indy
    Hi all,

Just stumbled across the site today. I have lived in Southern IN most of my life, but just got married and moved to Indy this summer. I've been into racing cars for the last 8-9 years or so, but have gone back to school to work on a second degree and don't have the budget to be competitive, so looking into cheaper hobbies that won't take as much time away from my new bride. I've fired a few firearms but never owned anything myself, but am looking into getting something for home defense and some light plinking.

Rich

JJGatesE30

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jul 22, 2010
    Hey man, what kind of car racing? I'm into sports cars myself.

This forum is pretty cool, I'm still new here but welcome!

JJGatesE30

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jul 22, 2010
    oh, and also, guns are not a cheaper hobby than cars and racing. A SINGLE gun is cheaper, but thats the problem, once you get into guns you can never have enough.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Welcome to the group!

:welcome:

I too sunk a ton of money into the black hole of auto racing until I realized sinking the same money into firearms proved to be a pretty good investment.

Welcome to the world where "BANG" is a good thing!

boileralum

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 6, 2010
    Indy
    Thanks for the welcomes! :) I have mostly been into SCCA Solo/ Autocrossing, though I have done some track lapping days as well.

IndyGunSafety

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Fishers, IN
    :welcome: Welcome to INGO! I hope you find the forums informative. You will find a wide variety of topics, products and services. Speaking of services, Indy Gun Safety offers several of the NRA’s courses including Basic Pistol, Range Safety Officer and Refuse to be a Victim. We also offer a concealed carry course, all in the Indianapolis area. Save $25 if you bring a friend or family member.

Indy Gun Safety is a full service FFL, offering firearms and accessories as well. Be sure to check out the advertiser’s forum for many other great products and services! And again, WELCOME TO INGO!

Next NRA Basic Pistol Course:

This course covers the basics of owning, using and storing a handgun and ammunition. Basic Pistol lays down the foundation of knowledge needed to safely own a firearm. This is the kind of stuff you will pass on to family members and friends.

September 25th, 8:00 AM-4:00 PM.

$120 per person, $215 for two! (Save $25!)

See www.IndyGunSafety.com for details.

boileralum

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 6, 2010
    Indy
    Me too, DSP 325i. Crazy! What do you drive?
    I've run several cars over the years. I started w/ a 95 300ZX TT in SM2, then a 00 Civic Si in DSP, then most recently a 94 miata that I turboed and ran in SM2 a couple of times. I traded the miata for a 92 Civic hatchback this summer though since I have to drive to IU Southeast in New Albany for classes and it gets about 35% better fuel mileage than the miata did.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom