• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Snizz1911

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2013
    Does anyone know of loading manuals that have N320 for 147 grain 9mm loads? I've found some post online with suggestions but none of my load books have it.

Thanks!

Snizz1911

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2013
    Thanks Mech, that's actually where I've been collecting most of my data on this load.

Warthog, prefer jacketed, but the xtp is way too expensive for a competition load. I did see that in the Lee book though.

DRider8

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    Indianapolis,IN (Northside)
    You can download a reloading guide from the VihtaVuori web site, it has loads for 147 gr and N320. I think you can probably pick up the guide at Profire's store in Indianapolis,IN. www.lapua.com is the website for VihtaVuori powder.

Mech45

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    NWI
    Have you tried any of the Montana Gold Bullets? I use the 124CMJ in my open gun and the 147CMJ for production. I have tried others including the plated and coated stuff but I don't get the accuracy I get from the MG. I haven't tried them but I have heard from what I consider a reliable source that the HP Montana Gold is more accurate then the CMJ. The CMJ's work for me so that is what I am sticking with. I have excellent results from Titegroup and WST in my 9mm loads.
    HTH

Chris

Snizz1911

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2013
    You can download a reloading guide from the VihtaVuori web site, it has loads for 147 gr and N320. I think you can probably pick up the guide at Profire's store in Indianapolis,IN. www.lapua.com is the website for VihtaVuori powder.

Actually, they don't. At least not the PDF from Vihtavouri I printed off a couple weeks ago. I was thinking the same thing and was surprised when I found they only have data for 320 up to 130 FMJ. So I was kinda stumped, I've got some starting points from Brian Enos though.

Snizz1911

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2013
    Have you tried any of the Montana Gold Bullets? I use the 124CMJ in my open gun and the 147CMJ for production. I have tried others including the plated and coated stuff but I don't get the accuracy I get from the MG. I haven't tried them but I have heard from what I consider a reliable source that the HP Montana Gold is more accurate then the CMJ. The CMJ's work for me so that is what I am sticking with. I have excellent results from Titegroup and WST in my 9mm loads.
    HTH

Chris

Thanks again Mech, that is actually another load I'm working up. New to reloading so trying to get a few worked up and see what works best. FYI shoot uspsa production with a Glock 34.

I actually did pick up a couple hundred 124 grain CMJ Montana golds last week to try. I've got some titegroup I planned on using with them.

Mech45

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    NWI
    I have tried 124gr and 147gr for production and I like the softer recoil impulse of the 147gr. I use a X-5 in production so what works best depends a lot on the gun and individual shooter preferences. I haven't tried my 147gr load in my G-17 yet, I have found that what works well in one gun doesn't always work well in another. Especially with guns that are as different as a X-5 and G-17.

Snizz1911

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2013
    I have tried 124gr and 147gr for production and I like the softer recoil impulse of the 147gr. I use a X-5 in production so what works best depends a lot on the gun and individual shooter preferences. I haven't tried my 147gr load in my G-17 yet, I have found that what works well in one gun doesn't always work well in another. Especially with guns that are as different as a X-5 and G-17.

What powder where you using for the 147 grn loads, tite group?

Top Bottom