• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dyerdaddy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 13, 2011
    Having difficulty locating info on Nagant M1895 pistols. Any INGO members able to help would be appreciated.

Dyerdaddy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 13, 2011
    Thanks Mgderf

Blythe's In Griffith has five. I was curious. All info is appreciated. Gotta love the older Russian stuff, anything that can be " fixed with a hammer" can't be all bad.

indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Having difficulty locating info on Nagant M1895 pistols. Any INGO members able to help would be appreciated.

Saw 2 at Bradis this weekend. about 139.00 with holster and extras..

Just purchased 1 about a month ago from them.. did not realize that it was a 7 shooter till I got it home... :rolleyes: seemed to miss that vital fact when I was researching the gun..

Would hate to be shooting at anything good sized that needed stopping with that thing.. But it was a lot fun on the range. Should have brought the Mosin Nagant with me then I Could be ready to Fight the Great Patriotic War

Delmar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Goshen IN
    They are plentiful so you can still pick one up pretty cheap, but it costs about fifty cents a round to get the 7.62x38R ammo. You can use 32 S&W but I hear accuracy will suffer because the gas seal is not there.
    Here...
    http://www.realguns.com/archives/130.htm

...is the best article on reloading that I have found so far. If I became convinced that I could make reloading 7.62x38R practical, I would certainly pick up a Nagant revolver. I might anyway.

Last edited:

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    I've thought the same thing, they're unique in the fact they're supposedly the only revolver ever made than can be truly suppressed because of the moving cylinder and gas seal it makes.

The problem, as mentioned, is reloading, because ammo isn't cheap... At some point I'll probably get one anyway...

Dewidmt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    South of the Muscatatuck
    They are plentiful so you can still pick one up pretty cheap, but it costs about fifty cents a round to get the 7.62x38R ammo. You can use 32 S&W but I hear accuracy will suffer because the gas seal is not there.
    Here...
    Real Guns

...is the best article on reloading that I have found so far. If I became convinced that I could make reloading 7.62x38R practical, I would certainly pick up a Nagant revolver. I might anyway.

There is a company out there that makes .32 S&W cylinders for the Nagant revolvers. I just can't seem to think of the name right now...someone with great Googlefoo powers could probably find it quick.....

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    There is a company out there that makes .32 S&W cylinders for the Nagant revolvers. I just can't seem to think of the name right now...someone with great Googlefoo powers could probably find it quick.....

https://www.apexgunparts.com/product_info.php/cPath/39/products_id/944

Cylinder .32 ACP Replacement M1895 Nagant Revolver - $74.99 : Buymilsurp.com, Your source for military surplus.

A couple places mention though that the .32 S&W bullet is undersize for the Nagant pistol bore, seems the same as commerical ammo for the Mosin rifle, about a .308 vs. a .312... Apparently it makes an odd sounding pop when fired, lol.

indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Taking into account the ammo for this gal is high, but would it really be worth it to purchase an additional cylinder to shoot 32 acp.. Even with cheaper ammo, would you really want to shoot this beast a lot, I would think that most folk want to experience the shooting the original gun..

The trigger pull is so strong, I would think that there are "funner" ways to send a lot of lead down range. Sure love pulling her out a few times a year or so and shooting half a box of ammo .. But after that the romance is over and I am looking for another.

BBSparkle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 25, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I've got one that looks amazing on my bookshelf.

Shoots great, too, though. Tough trigger but that gas seal is one of the most interesting things I've seen on a gun....

Top Bottom