• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mosinowner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    I posted a thread one of my first on ingo asking about a Glock, Sig, or springfield, Well I was given a 7.62 nagant Revolver made by Tula in 1943 and well that solved my problems. (still getting a XDM though:cool:). Ill post pics asap

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    I have seen those in Shotgun News for around a $100 and ammo that is pretty cheap. I have been wondering if they were any good for plinking, anyone else have one and how do you like it?

To the OP, give us a range report after trying it out.

I stand corrected, I misread the ad in Shotgun News. I thought it said the ammo was $119 for 500 rounds. after reading it again it's only for 250 rounds.

Last edited:

Mosinowner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    Using 7.62x38 origanal. Will have a range report soon. I was wondering this round is comparable to a 32 auto so is that good stopping power.

tgallmey

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 11, 2011
    New Haven
    Using 7.62x38 origanal. Will have a range report soon. I was wondering this round is comparable to a 32 auto so is that good stopping power.

You can buy a replacement cylinder that chambers .32 acp it would be alot cheaper to feed than 7.62 Nagant. But the bad is the cylinder almost costs as much as the gun lol. They are not the most accurate pretty or powerful but it goes bang and thats fun

Mosinowner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    You can buy a replacement cylinder that chambers .32 acp it would be alot cheaper to feed than 7.62 Nagant. But the bad is the cylinder almost costs as much as the gun lol. They are not the most accurate pretty or powerful but it goes bang and thats fun
    Privi sells 7.62 nagant and I throw allot of their stuff down range in the mosin so ill stick with privi and i don't like to modify guns

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    I want one of these just for putting a suppressor on...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvF4yurWSc0[/ame]

Mosinowner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    I want one of these just for putting a suppressor on...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvF4yurWSc0
    The gas seal really helps accuracy and power of the round. I heard that under the right condtions it is comparable to the .38 special. I watched that vid about 50 times before this all you can hear is the hammer hitting the primer. I have all the weapons of a soviet solider now :) (standered issue mosin not ppsh)

tgallmey

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 11, 2011
    New Haven
    The gas seal really helps accuracy and power of the round. I heard that under the right condtions it is comparable to the .38 special. I watched that vid about 50 times before this all you can hear is the hammer hitting the primer. I have all the weapons of a soviet solider now :) (standered issue mosin not ppsh)

That problem can be remedied :D
    PPSH 41 Rifle 762 x 25 Russian Style Burp Gun

Chase515

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    Oxford, In
    I got my hands on one back in high school. It was the neatest pistol I ever held. My uncle let me borrow his and a box of ammo for a few weeks. It was surplus ammo, no name only caliber on the box. Shooting a flogers coffee can at 10yrds proved to be a challenge. Out of six rounds, three penetrated the can and the other three dented it. There were several misfires but watching the clyinder lock up to the barrel was awesome! My uncle and I shot a old army surplus helmet with it and it never penetrated. Thinking about getting one of my own!

Mosinowner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    I got my hands on one back in high school. It was the neatest pistol I ever held. My uncle let me borrow his and a box of ammo for a few weeks. It was surplus ammo, no name only caliber on the box. Shooting a flogers coffee can at 10yrds proved to be a challenge. Out of six rounds, three penetrated the can and the other three dented it. There were several misfires but watching the clyinder lock up to the barrel was awesome! My uncle and I shot a old army surplus helmet with it and it never penetrated. Thinking about getting one of my own!
    You should :rockwoot: they will go through enough to take down someone. The Russsian proved that

Top Bottom