• ...and so much more!
  • Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I would say not so much "testy" as more of my extreme level of sarcasm coming out. I admit I have problem. "My name is scott, and im a sarcastaholic". See I admitted to the problem. Whats the next step to recovery?

I guess accepting that, on :ingo:, virtually every thread will have at least a couple of sarcastic, funny, off-topic and/or grammar nazi posts. Let it roll off your back. ;)

BCMPatriot

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2013
    Auburn
    I bought my Liberty for 500 used. Some shops have good sales on them around the holidays though if you're looking for new.

Psode27

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    Rochester
    I have a cheaper Centerion safe made by someone else and I love it. Biggest piece of advice I have is don't buy bigger than you care to move. I've moved mine twice. Any bigger and we probably couldn't have moved it. if someone wants to move my safe without me or my neighbors noticing Somehow, have at it, not likely.
    Big piece of advice is to always bolt it down and to the wall. Of the vids I've seen the first thing a guy looking to pry it open will do is get it on its back.
    My next safe will hopefully be a clone of what I have already. Its too big to move easily (30 gun?), yet if you are moving and provide beer, you can talk your buddies into helping you move it around.
    Good luck! Safe shopping is fun!

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    I have a cheaper Centerion safe made by someone else and I love it. Biggest piece of advice I have is don't buy bigger than you care to move. I've moved mine twice. Any bigger and we probably couldn't have moved it. if someone wants to move my safe without me or my neighbors noticing Somehow, have at it, not likely.
    Big piece of advice is to always bolt it down and to the wall. Of the vids I've seen the first thing a guy looking to pry it open will do is get it on its back.
    My next safe will hopefully be a clone of what I have already. Its too big to move easily (30 gun?), yet if you are moving and provide beer, you can talk your buddies into helping you move it around.
    Good luck! Safe shopping is fun!

Great advice! Mine has also been moved twice. Looking back do not know how we did it. Yes I provided sloppy joe sandwiches and beer.

Thinking off selling it and going with two smaller ones that could also be hidden better.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    Thinking off selling it and going with two smaller ones that could also be hidden better.

This is my thought exactly. I have two smaller safes. I would not mind getting another, but again it will not be a million gun size.

Too hard to move and way too hard to conceal. I have one in a closet and the other in the basement.

Laziness made me keep the electronic lock version as the most handy. Just hate the time it takes to run the dial.

Neither one is a super high end safe. They will stop the smash and grab guys. Otherwise I am just slowing them down a bit.

Brian Ski

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2014
    Michiana
    Best time of year to purchase a safe. Gander has good sales on Liberty safes around black Friday. Tractor supply, rural king, walmart, lowes, home depot all have good black Friday sales on safes.

If you are going for a good safe I think the Liberty's are a pretty good deal, and about in the price range you are looking for. You should find them at the places listed above. Rural King had a big selection the last time I was there. Liberty seems to be in the good range. I would lean away from the stack ons. They are along the poor side. At least the ones I have seen. Just remember 90% + of the break ins are going to be a quick smash and grab so anything that slows them down they will walk past. Now there are a lot of better safes, but the Liberty is in the pretty good category. I myself would stick with a dial safe over electric, but not a deal breaker. They can be changed if you wanted. Just the electrics are not as problem free as the dials.

Not sure of your condition, but the one I got was about 500 lbs. so a hand cart and a buddy it was easy to move. Stairs may be a bear. The 1000 lb one I have was a bear but even got it down the steps in the basement at one time.

Top Bottom