• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    I was just sitting here thinking about guns I'd like to add to my collection that my disposable income would allow. I've also thought about dumping some rifles that I have several of to fund some of these desirable guns. My number 1 handgun that I want that's affordable for me is an older FN Belgium Hi Power 9mm. I'd also like to have an M1 carbine to go along with my '43 Springfield service grade M1 garand. I'm starting to lean towards firearms that are no longer made or if they are, I want the older more desirable ones. How about everyone else?

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    As you are probably aware the days of affordable M1 carbines are gone. Over the years (1990's) I purchased a number of them for 150.00 per. Didn't keep a single one either...like an idiot. Also adding to my idiocy was a Nazi marked tangent sight, rear shoulder stock slotted Browning High Power in about 90 percent condition. It was a WWII GI bring home weapon complete with the US Army document stating such. I had a guy offer me a fair amount of $$$ and I needed the $$ worse at the time. Oh well such is life for us working folks.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I will continue to buy copies of guns that I already have. I'm not sure why I do that. But they're all pretty reasonable priced when they can be found. CZ's, VZ's, Caniks, and Sarsilmaz are what I look for.

I'm sure that I'm missing out on having this tunnel vision. But for now, I'm content with those listed above.
    I've never had an SKS, always wanted to find the right one but never have. I have other rifles in that caliber anyways.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    Hmmmm....good question! There are several in both categories...but in keeping to just one (and going with my top pick) of each:

1. Handgun => Fusion Firearms 6" 1911 in 10mm...would be quite a handgun!

2. Rifle => Springfield SOCOM 16 in .308 caliber...pretty darn near the 'perfect' rifle!

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I don't know how to define affordable. I can't buy anything right now so no gun is affordable. However if I save for a few months I can spend upwards of $500 on a single firearm. My list is long but I will add one of each knowing that rare, collectible 5-figure priced guns are not something I would be interested in... probably ever.:)

1. Pistol: Ruger Vaquero in .357
    2. Rifle: Lever action of some sort in .357

I'll add a shotgun which I really want before the above two: Browning Citori Trap

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Ruger SR9

another Glock

Any rifle I might want won't be "affordable." The only real gap in my rifle collection is a larger caliber reach-out-and-touch-someone model. If I let myself think about it, I want something in .338 Lapua.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2012
    01001111 01001000
    Defining Affordable first: I'll define affordable as being guns currently on my radar that I will be buying soonish once the money has been set aside

Pistol: Sig Sauer P320 in 9mm (I'm hoping to buy a two-some after they've been out a while)
    Rifle: Multiple AR 15 lowers while they're still cheap enough to consider buying several. Might as well buy a bunch and hold on to them until I can afford to build the rifles themselves.

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    Ok, affordable for me is not a class 3 M16 or a Browning BAR or a classic P210 just give you an idea. For me and my income with my wife and 4 kids, I probably couldn't obtain firearms in $2k+ range. That's why I said affordable for you. Everyone would love to have a select fire M16 but it's not obtainable for everyone. I just know there's guns that I'd like to own and can definitely afford them but don't possess them. I always end up buying something else that catches my eye instead of buying that one handgun I've always wanted

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Ok, affordable for me is not a class 3 M16 or a Browning BAR or a classic P210 just give you an idea. For me and my income with my wife and 4 kids, I probably couldn't obtain firearms in $2k+ range. That's why I said affordable for you. Everyone would love to have a select fire M16 but it's not obtainable for everyone. I just know there's guns that I'd like to own and can definitely afford them but don't possess them. I always end up buying something else that catches my eye instead of buying that one handgun I've always wanted

Good clarification on the affordability. It also depends on your mindset. I am a minimalist that believes the best is just good enough for me. So I will go without something if I can't afford what I really want vs. buying something I don't really want because it fits my budget.

I may make a purchase for an item that is not perceived by others as being the best, but really the word "best" is not a quantifiable term. What is "best" is determined by the owner. For example, I won't buy a Highpoint just so I can have a gun. I'll do without. I also wouldn't buy a $10,000 1911 when I will never be better than my $700 Springfield Armory. So for me, the "best" 1911 is my SA.

And this is kind of off topic and as usual for me, rambling and wordy. Back to your regularly scheduled posting.:)

Top Bottom