• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bearclaw

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    Anderson
    A friend of mine got this today thinking it was a shooting mat. It looks to be some kind of PVC or heavy tarp material. It's about 24"h x 36"w and totally unVelcro's into two pieces. It has two Aluminum rods in tops. Seems to have shot gun shell loops all across the pouches. Any ideas? Thanks

21j17kp.jpg

2wfigaw.jpg

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Looks like some king of tool bag made for quick deployment. Are the rods removable? If so they may be for probing for mines/IED's. Where did your friend get it?

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Is it just the two metal rods?

I was thinking it was maybe like a stadium seat of some type, (see below) but that wouldn't explain the shotshell loops.

Folding-Stadium-Seat-79463.jpg

Maybe the rods are cleaning rods and the whole thing is a bag for carrying your shotgun?
    shrug2.gif

Blessings,
    Bill

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    Looks like the medical kits we used to hang inside our Field Surgical tent. Do the rods connect together in any fashion to make an iv pole?

Most excellent 50th post and sounds legit to a numbskull like myself! The loops hold medications?! ahaaa!!!
    So I guess 'really big wallet' is out :(

Faine

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 2, 2012
    Indy (South Side)
    It's a very odd material and set up. That material is normally associated with commercial tents. The poles may be dual functional but it looks like the contents would be something that wasn't to be rolled up, otherwise the poles would sit a different way. My first guess was it was to hold the pegs and ropes to erect a large tent but I can't figure why it would matter if it rolled up. It looks like there are rings that would hold the tent spikes too. Watch, this will end up being something ridiculous like a Chinese knock off multi pistol case.

Top Bottom