• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sainte

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2013
    Yet she will vote or obstruct to cut or even not pay the military....

Wy is it every time kongress can't get the budget right or a bill passed, the first thing they say is, "military, police, Fire won't get paid"?

Start taking their pay for not doing their job, quit taking pay from military for kongress not doing it's......

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Could there be a better example of exactly what is wrong with this country?

Obvious **** poor performance and she wants to be respected for the pathetic job she is doing? The office deserves some measure respect but the performance of our politicians reflects their incompetence and or level of corruption.

It's outrageous!

s-works

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 15, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I am torn. Did the senate vote for the same measure or is this just the house?

If both the house and senate voted for it then why not?

If the house voted for it without getting the senate to adopt the same policy then they did so with the understanding that the senate hasnt passed a budget in a long time.

The money is not being kept from them but put into an account (probably with above average interest) until a budget is passed.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    "I think we should respect the work we do," Pelosi said. "I think it's necessary for us to have the dignity of the job that we have rewarded."

You miserable ****ing *****. Things I was willing to die for, you have deliberately attacked. No, since you and your "colleagues" don't respect my rights - especially my Right to keep and bear arms - you should be forced to clean latrines for, at best, minimum wage. That's being more than generous, and more reflects your actual "worth".

Hold on now. I don't like her any more than you, but "forced to" work? No, I can't go there even for her. Alternatively, I would support not paying her anything at all since she's not doing the job she was hired to do. I'd support even more removing her from her current perch and letting her fend for herself with whatever she can earn in a real job... or whatever living she can manage to acquire within her marriage.

References to how she acquires that living have been removed from this post by the author prior to posting, but the words "knees" and "back" figured prominantly therein.

Blessings,
    Bill

MTC

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Hold on now. I don't like her any more than you, but "forced to" work? No, I can't go there even for her./snip/
    :laugh:

Just a brief moment of anger. It's all better now. Ya know, if I could ever write like you, I'd actually be able to communicate. :):

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    :laugh:

Just a brief moment of anger. It's all better now. Ya know, if I could ever write like you, I'd actually be able to communicate. :):

Oh, you communicated just fine! I think every one of us knew what you were saying! :laugh:

As for the anger...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTGdAGPDBpo[/ame]

Blessings,
    Bill

shooter651

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    The sad thing is it's our money! These people are being paid with our hard earned tax dollars and then have the audacity to complain about it! It doesn't stop there these over paid hypocrites vote there own pay raises without the approval of their constituents.

When we let the inept lead who knows where we will end up.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    The office deserves some measure respect but the performance of our politicians reflects their incompetence and or level of corruption.

On the contrary. We don't owe our reps any more respect than that due to the average citizen. And when they grovel like this, well, no respect due whatsoever.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    How about they get paid out of their respective States' budgets? If the DPR Cali wants to give her a golden throne upon which to do her business, more power to them.
    She'd sh..t her drawers IF this happened. Heck, she's done her part to bankrupt the state and cities she "rules" over.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    The President doesn't take vacations. If you think his trips to Camp David (for example) are vacations, then I think you don't understand what the job entails. He is On Duty 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year, no matter where he is or what he is doing.

I would agree in principle while disagreeing relative to Obama specifically. He seems to manage to the be least focused among presidents in my memory especially when on vacation--which he does far more frequently than any president in my memory. I can understand the need for a change of scenery, which Camp David is a prime source of better scenery. The problem is that he spends an incredible amount of time traveling, which is phenomenally expensive, during a time of national economic trouble. Further, while spending incredible sums of our money, he has the audacity to lecture us about our energy consumption.

The conclusion I reach from people like Pelosi and Obama is that the need to become disabused of the notion that they are feudal nobility rather than citizens of a republic. More important, they need to grasp that we are citizens of a republic and not serfs who exist to do as they are told.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I would love to her pay (and Harry Reid's) totally ended by un-employment. Let them experience the real fruits of their most on high positions.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I would agree in principle while disagreeing relative to Obama specifically. He seems to manage to the be least focused among presidents in my memory especially when on vacation--which he does far more frequently than any president in my memory. I can understand the need for a change of scenery, which Camp David is a prime source of better scenery. The problem is that he spends an incredible amount of time traveling, which is phenomenally expensive, during a time of national economic trouble. Further, while spending incredible sums of our money, he has the audacity to lecture us about our energy consumption.

The conclusion I reach from people like Pelosi and Obama is that the need to become disabused of the notion that they are feudal nobility rather than citizens of a republic. More important, they need to grasp that we are citizens of a republic and not serfs who exist to do as they are told.

Now, if we could only drive this home to them short of a stake through the heart.

sparky32

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 5, 2013
    Morgantown
    i was listening to some talk radio on 931 as i always do on my drive
    home and when i heard this i could not help but start yelling
    at the radio as i do from time to time......your already paid way to much
    for doing nothing and screwing everything up. :xmad:

johnny45

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    You compare the nation to a parched piece of land and the tax to a life-giving rain. So be it. But you should also ask yourself where this rain comes from, and whether it is not precisely the tax that draws the moisture from the soil and dries it up. You should also ask yourself further whether the soil receives more of this precious water from the rain than it loses by the evaporation?

-Bastiat, 1848

There's another old saying, Senator: Don't **** down my back and tell me it's raining.

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    How about this? We tell Pelosi, and the rest of Congress, that we'll cut them a paycheck as soon as they pass a budget.

Top Bottom