Nancy Pelosi wants to investigate Ground Zero mosque opponents.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    I agree. like I said, I dont have a problem with it. its America. I wasnt alive during WWII, but this makes me think of the japanese american internment camps. being vigilant and on the lookout is one thing (and a good thing). but oppression is a bad thing, and not the American way.

Can you clarify how this is like the internment camps?

People are trying to stop a construction project, not round Muslims up and put them in jail or confiscate their property or financial assets.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    They were discussing this tonight on a show I was watching. There are hundreds of mosques all over NYC. There are no Muslims that live close to this mosque. So this mosque has nothing to do with the free exercise of their religion.

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    They were discussing this tonight on a show I was watching. There are hundreds of mosques all over NYC. There are no Muslims that live close to this mosque. So this mosque has nothing to do with the free exercise of their religion.
    They will be buying the U.S. and destroying all Americans. Can you see it?

Last edited:

INGunGuy

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2008
    Jeffersonville, Indiana
    By saying they don't have the right to build what they want on their own private property, you are in turn justifying your local governments rights to restrict what you build on your property. Should I be free to build a shed on my land without a permit, worrying what my neighbors think of it, etc.? How many on here like to talk about they are free to do what they wish with their own property? Yet when someone else chooses to do something with their property you don't like, you scream for government intervention?

Liberty. Either you have it or you don't. Giving the government the power to stop this mosque also empowers them to meddle in your property affairs.

Lemme open up a bar-b-que stand in Mecca...

INGunGuy

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Guys - IMO opinion, nothing you're saying is out of line. However, you may not be aware, but such statements have been threatened with BAN. I hop that doesn't happen here, but I suggest more discretion.

308jake

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Brownsburg
    By saying they don't have the right to build what they want on their own private property, you are in turn justifying your local governments rights to restrict what you build on your property. Should I be free to build a shed on my land without a permit, worrying what my neighbors think of it, etc.? How many on here like to talk about they are free to do what they wish with their own property? Yet when someone else chooses to do something with their property you don't like, you scream for government intervention?

Liberty. Either you have it or you don't. Giving the government the power to stop this mosque also empowers them to meddle in your property affairs.

The government already "meddles" in our property affairs. That is why we have property taxes, zoning ordinances, setbacks, and less we forget, permits.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica

How far away is the guy who owns the place? Rights do not rely on population percentages.

You could be the lone follower. You still have a right to practice your beliefs and do what you will with your property.

Phil502

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    NW Indiana
    Of course they have the "right" to build it. I think it's a slap in the face to many Americans who have family that died there. EVERYWHERE around us now the PC police lurk waiting to say oh thats wrong to say, wrong to do, wrong to think but the PC police never bother to uphold the values for everyone, just the precious protected class. That makes me sick.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    The government already "meddles" in our property affairs. That is why we have property taxes, zoning ordinances, setbacks, and less we forget, permits.

And those are equally as wrong. When the government says you can't have a shed on your particular piece of property, most people act like children. Instead of fighting that particular issue, they will then say "Well if I can't have my shed, they guy down the street shouldn't be able to have his carport. Carports need banned." What's accomplished by that thinking? You don't have your shed, he doesn't have his carport, you are now divided enemies instead of a unit working against an over reaching government, and government has more power. What exactly did you win there?

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Maybe I am missing something here, but dont mention what?

INGunGuy

Religion. Don't bring it into this discussion. At all.
    Can we discuss purple ponies dancing around the pot o' gold at the end of the rainbow while a lonely parrot recites the Illiad?
    You can discuss that all you want. You can turn this into a fairy tale about unicorns and rainbows if you want to.

IndianasFinest

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Salem
    I am not going to comment on the Mosque issue since I have expressed my feelings in previous threads. Now, as for Nancy Pelosi ??? I really think when her time is through she, and the rest of the idiots in Washington should stand trial for there crimes against the American People !

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom