• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Maybe make the penalty for breaking any law so severe people are decent out of fear alone.

You HAVE to be Dredd, HAVE to be for this to even come out of your keyboard. The fear, literally, fear is that some police, even if just one officer, thinks that way. You will take GREAT offense to this, but that is the mark of someone who is frustrated with their career, but wishes, hopes and would enjoy delivering said over-punishment to individuals because of their perceived frustration at the job being done or personal ineptitude. This is the mark of a TERRIBLE police officer and symbolic of the "this is my street" mentalitity many young officers take. Hyper-aggressive and dangerous to have in a position that has considerable power and absolutely, posititively terrifies me. If you are actually an officer, I am terrified that I have to sleep tonight, with the idea that if I cussed or spit in public earlier today I would be riddled with Hydroshocks. What department do you work for, so that I can avoid your streets and warn "your" citizenry? :twocents: I respect police officers to the fullest I can and have defended many on this board, not to mention having quite a few as personal friends. If any of them, ANY of them had this mentality you put forward, they would be friends no more.

Nanny state laws are enforced by another form of police that is a product of a lazy and non-plussed society: The government. Police don't raid McDonalds due to putting toys in Happy Meals. No, bureaucracies and other government sanctioned organizations do that via fines and "regulations".

Between the government making regulations that are not constitution founded, nor literally worded constitution prohibited, but we also have organizations/laws made on lower levels that are nothing more than "reasons" for overbloated lawbooks, lawmakers and law enforcers to keep their job. Would one, a law maker or regulatory body member, give up their middle class or better wage in pursuit of helping reforge a constitutionally correct society? No. They have their bills to pay, their addictions to feed and families to foster into a horrible world of their making.

Laws against drugs, laws regarding "safety" and other dreck is nothing more than slippery slope government politics and backdoor deals, coupled with bloated bureaucracy pigs feeding at the dwindling trough of taxpayer monies.

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    Laws, whether good or bad, don't just happen. They are put in place by representatives that 'We The People' elect to do our bidding. That is how democracy works.

If you don't like a law it is YOUR responsibility to work toward changing that law. Make democracy work for you.

I wonder how many of the above posters have ever contacted their elected representative about their concerns. I wonder how many of the above posters don't vote at all.

I know far too many self-proclaimed 'patriots' that are clueless about how our system works or don't even participate in that system.

/rant

I can't know for sure, but I like to think that many of us who are active on these boards vote at the very least. Speaking of being clueless as to how our system works (and I mean no offense, nor do I intend to beat a dead horse, as this was already covered) but the United States isn't a democracy. It doesn't matter how many times Obama throws that word into his speeches, we're still a Constitutional Republic, not a mob-ruled democracy.

.40caltrucker

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    You HAVE to be Dredd, HAVE to be for this to even come out of your keyboard. The fear, literally, fear is that some police, even if just one officer, thinks that way. You will take GREAT offense to this, but that is the mark of someone who is frustrated with their career, but wishes, hopes and would enjoy delivering said over-punishment to individuals because of their perceived frustration at the job being done or personal ineptitude. This is the mark of a TERRIBLE police officer and symbolic of the "this is my street" mentalitity many young officers take. Hyper-aggressive and dangerous to have in a position that has considerable power and absolutely, posititively terrifies me. If you are actually an officer, I am terrified that I have to sleep tonight, with the idea that if I cussed or spit in public earlier today I would be riddled with Hydroshocks. What department do you work for, so that I can avoid your streets and warn "your" citizenry? :twocents: I respect police officers to the fullest I can and have defended many on this board, not to mention having quite a few as personal friends. If any of them, ANY of them had this mentality you put forward, they would be friends no more.
    :yesway:

I think he's dredd also and would bet $$ on it.
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...dly_discussion_of_oc_vs_cc-8.html#post1543206

As far as nanny state laws, we should eliminate probably 70 -80% of our current laws.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    So tired of people wah wah wah there should not be so many laws. X Y Z should not be illegal. Police should only go after serial killers and child molters...

Guess what? This is the united states of america. If your doing something that has a negative impact on another human being and it is an unlawful act why should you get immunity at the expense of someone else? Go to a country where the strong do whatever they want.....report back.

There are a whole bunch of laws because there are a whole bunch of d bags. Would there be a disturbing the peace law if billy bob wouldn't play his Motley Crew full blast at 3:30 in the morning when his gainfully employed neighbor has to be at work at 5a? Would there be any pan handling laws if begers would not block traffic to beg for money. Would there be any insurance requirements if everyone just paid cash when they damaged someones car. The answer is NO

You get enough dumb people doing enough dumb #@$ there will be a law. Taking the law into your own hands does not work out so well either. Research the history of modern law and law enforcement if you doubt me.

I offer no real solutions for these problems. Maybe make the penalty for breaking any law so severe people are decent out of fear alone. Cry about it all you want to but if your already a law abiding citizen how would this have any affect on you.

Discuss.
    I wish there was a law against rambling, grammatically incorrect internet posts.

Top Bottom