(574) 936-4431

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I definitely plan on going to the one on the 31st. I guess we will wait and see how it goes to decide on the next weekend. Shipshewana is also on the 7th and we usually hit that one.

Did they just have 300 tables at the old shows? Seemed like a lot more than that.

other dave

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Howard County
    The old show was 300 tables or a little more. The old building's roof collapsed over the winter and that building will not be rebuilt. This fall's show(s) will be in a smaller building, thus the two shows. The email I received stated that the March 26, 2016 show will be in the same building as this year's October show but the building's owner will have more room available in the spring and the show will return to a one-day 300 table show.

17Chap

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2009
    NE Indiana
    I just checked on this and their web posting was confusing. I emailed Darlene and she confirmed what other dave has posted. Here is her reply:

Hi Jess...thanks so much for checking on this....yes, 2 consecutive Saturdays, THIS TIME ONLY !!!! 150 tables, on Oct. 31 , then 150 tables, different dealers on Sat. Nov. 7th .......Next, year, all 300 tables will on Sat. March 26,2016---THEN, WE WILL BE BACK TO NORMAL. Please do post this for me....Thank you for your help...and hope to see you there... ...Darlene

Jess

other dave

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Howard County
    I just checked on this and their web posting was confusing. I emailed Darlene and she confirmed what other dave has posted. Here is her reply:

Hi Jess...thanks so much for checking on this....yes, 2 consecutive Saturdays, THIS TIME ONLY !!!! 150 tables, on Oct. 31 , then 150 tables, different dealers on Sat. Nov. 7th .......Next, year, all 300 tables will on Sat. March 26,2016---THEN, WE WILL BE BACK TO NORMAL. Please do post this for me....Thank you for your help...and hope to see you there... ...Darlene

Jess
    Which is what she told me in an email dated Oct. 20. Thanks for backing me up!

mdemetz

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 27, 2009
    NW Elkhart Co.
    Did not see any non gun related stuff(always a good thing about this show) unless you count knifes. One guy there had knifes he made and all one of a kind. Another guy had wood grips for semis that he was making.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I got a rifle I had been looking for. It wasn't a great deal but I had been looking for one in decent condition for a few years. Winchester 62a.

Seemed like most of the ammo people still were pricing stuff based upon panic prices. Quite a few Garands there and some of them were in good shape.

walt o

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2008
    Hammond
    mdemetz the craftsman with the hand made knives is Terry Miller, he forges and engraves his work, Next was the grip maker walt o an ingo member --ME, thin OTHER DAVE from ingo who knows more about gun related things than i sure do. Next time introduce your self .and talk for a while

cmr13

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 16, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I didn't get anything. I wanted to get some targets on my way out but forgot. Oh well.

Almost got a bolt-action .410 but decided not to. Same with a .22 short pistol and a 37mm ammo box.

Saw one table had an M&P compact labeled as a Shield, so I let them know that it wasn't a Shield.

Saw some great trigger control:

IMG_20151031_091058_294.jpg

Anyone know if the beef jerky guy from MI was at this one?

Not sure exactly who you mean, but the target guy (B&Z or R&Z) had some jerky there.

Seemed like most of the ammo people still were pricing stuff based upon panic prices.

Yep, saw Winchester M-22 for $50 for 500 rounds. I also saw some "green-tip" ammo for $10 per stripper clip.

IMG_20151031_082257_062.jpg

firefighterjohn

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 31, 2010
    Enjoyed the show even though it was CROWDED...but that's a great sign. Got some hard to find items and enjoyed browsing. Wonder how next weekend's 2nd half will turn out since Shipshewana show is same weekend...

BluePig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 10, 2012
    Middlebury
    It was very packed when I was there.
    Very hard to see things, no less move down the isle.
    Bought a Gerber LMF that had a really pitted blade, but had the sheath, box & paperwork.
    I figured I could beat on it and not really hurt the value of it.
    I have a couple others, so I might be able to use the box.
    Was walking to get out and some guy asked to look at it.
    Ended up covering what I had in it and then some.
    Oh well.

It is a three gun show weekend...
    Gunslingers in Howe
    Nappanee
    Shipshe
    Will be very busy this weekend.

kaveman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 13, 2014
    La Porte
    Trigger control? How about muzzle control. I was standing alongside a buddy's table taking up space when a wackaloon saunters up and snatches a Tokarev off of his table. Doesn't clear it,.....doesn't check it. Just picks it up chest high to 'inspect' it. I know because I was looking straight down the muzzle from about 18" away. Didn't stop to see where his booger hooker was resting but I'm pretty sure I know,......I was out the door about 15 seconds later. Shoulda decked him before I left.

cmr13

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 16, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I'm planning on going to the Nappanee show and then the Shipshewana show. I'm hoping to pick up at least something at one of the shows.

Top Bottom