• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BluePig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 10, 2012
    Middlebury
    Heard that was going to be the last show there.
    Apparantly the building was built by a group of Amish for them to use and there is a faction that doesn't like the show there.
    An Amish gentleman who was listening confirmed and said there were political reasons.
    Also heard that they are trying to get the show moved to the Elkhart County fairgrounds. They are going to get the 4H shooting club involved to keep the fair board from shutting it down.

MongooseLaw

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 5, 2019
    Albion
    Picked up a nice K98k and an all matching original model 1924 Yugo mauser. Sold the only rifle I brought. Good show, definitely worth the trip.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Heard that was going to be the last show there.
    Apparantly the building was built by a group of Amish for them to use and there is a faction that doesn't like the show there.
    An Amish gentleman who was listening confirmed and said there were political reasons.
    Also heard that they are trying to get the show moved to the Elkhart County fairgrounds. They are going to get the 4H shooting club involved to keep the fair board from shutting it down.
    i have a hard time seeing that happening. The leftist mennonites from Goshen college would freak out.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    Total bust. Higher than retail prices on everything and place was packed. Held onto my cash and bailed.

hoosier21

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    South Bend
    Not a whole lot I was interested in, but I did pick up some powder and 9mm 124gr RN. A guy had 8lbs of HP38 for $140. He was a tad high on the 9mm, but I felt the powder was a good deal.

firefighterjohn

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 31, 2010
    Some pretty high prices on pistols. People selling old used H&K USPs for nearly new price.
    They were all grumbling about no one buying stuff. A bunch of them started packing up and leaving a little after 3PM.
    True, especially the S&W revolvers...wow! But did see several good deals and wished I'd had a lot more cash, LOL. I got there around 8:30 and it was pretty crowded then. Sure hope they can secure a new location because this show is my absolute favorite. Great job again Darlene!

walt o

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2008
    Hammond
    In the next couple of years i expect to see a few gun shows close down . the political and public view of guns are changing and so0me of the organizations are distancing themselves from them ,along of the outlook of some of the people attending the shows and *****ing about them the dealers must make a profit to attend shows also .

BluePig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 10, 2012
    Middlebury
    New update: Heard that the Nappanee show is heading for Plymouth.
    They have worked out a location there and it will be $4 to get in with $25 tables for dealers.
    So we will see what it will be like there.

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    I noticed this place the other day, there's quite a bit of parking. There's also another business right there that might offer more parking. At least it won't be a muddy mess like the nappanee venue

4651feeder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 21, 2016
    East of NWI
    View attachment 83058

Looks must be deceiving, cause to me the place doesn't look all that big nor offer that much paved parking for this venue. You'll have to let me know if there's any less butt rubbing going on while trying to make your way thru the aisles.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    Nope! Where your muck boots and prepare for butt and shoulder rubbing. Don't forget the body oder and people who like to fart as they walk past.

Wife and I got there when they opened and quickly got out of there. Total bust.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    Oh, the butt rubbing and crop dusting will never change.

I blew it off the best I could and continued on my quest for any good deals. My wife on the other hand felt violated and grossed out.

Probably be done at this point with shows of any kind.

Top Bottom