• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MtnBiker6510

Sharpshooter
    Feb 19, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    For all you Northern Indiana shooters who have been waiting for an Appleseed closer to you. Here it is!!

For the folks around the Warsaw, Fort Wayne, Columbia City, Goshen, South Bend, Elkhart, Plymouth, Rochester area there is an Appleseed scheduled for the weekend of June 22-23, 2013 on the grounds of the wonderful Nappanee Conservation Club!!!

This is a great host range for Appleseed & we look forward to a long relationship with this host range. They have recently put alot of work into making this one of the best and most reasonably priced ranges in Northern Indiana. Lets start 2013 off right in Northern Indiana and fill this line!! I know alot of you INGO'ers are close enough to make this one. :ingo:

The weather is supposed to be beautiful if a little cool, which is perfect for history and classic shooting instruction. Come enjoy what so many have been talking about.

The fees are very reasonable.

I hope to see many INGO'ers the line saturday & sunday.

Map: Nappanee Conservation Club, 13958 N Gravelton Rd.,Nappanee, IN 46550

Link: Nappanee CC June 22-23 2013

Who is coming...?

Jan 25, 2010
    Is this a 200yd or 25m event?

Also, if you go to the one day are you still able to shoot for your badge at the end of the day?

Last edited:

grunt soldier

Master
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    Is this a 200yd or 25m event?

Also, if you go to the one day are you still able to shoot for your badge at the end of the day?

The event will be a 25m event. if there is a 200 yard range then there is the possibility that you will shoot KD on Sunday at the end of the event. More than likely you will be able to shoot a few AQT's on Saturday so the ability to get the rifleman's patch is there.

lucky4034

Master
    Jan 14, 2012
    I may come on Sunday if there are tickets left when I get my schedule confirmed! I'm happy to see this range join Appleseed.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    I'd like ot attend this one since I'm from Warsaw, and intended to register over the weekend - but I've been out shopping for .22 LR and can't find any yet. I need to round up what I have at home to make sure that I can shoot the whole weekend!

Any solid leads on where I can pick up 300 or 400 rounds of .22 LR?

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    Ok. Finally had a chance to scrounge around and it looks like I've got enough 22LR to shoot the course!

I'll try to go online today and register - hope there's still slots!

cwillour

Expert
    Dec 10, 2011
    Northern Indiana
    Does anybody know of anyplace where I can get a sling in time for the shoot?

I signed up last week after seeing this and getting the OK from my wife and ordered the sling from there store right away (6/11) but no sign of it shipping yet and the store warns one is likely to get a shipping notification several days before it actually ships out.

I would not mind paying shipping to make certain I can get it in time, but I have not had much luck finding a source. :dunno:

cwillour

Expert
    Dec 10, 2011
    Northern Indiana
    I will be bringing a couple extra slings with me, you are free to use one for the weekend cwillour.

Much appreciated. I will still try to pick one up if I can (the ones I got from CDNN off a link from another forum turned out to be the wrong style) but it is nice to have a fall-back.

BTW, if there is anybody still thinking about attending but is having trouble finding the 22lr, I will be bringing a spare brick of CCI Standard 40gr.

AuntieBellum

Expert
    Dec 4, 2009
    Rensselaer
    This is looking to be AWESOME event! We have 29 people signed up so far. So less than 10 slots left. I would LOVE to see a sold-out line for Appleseed's return to Nappanee Conservation Club. I'll bring extra of everything I've got. If anyone needs a loaner sling or rifle, let me know if you want dibs. I don't have any solid leads on ammo except that my local Walmart seems to be getting a trickle every Friday morning. It's out there.

ArmedRPh

Marksman
    Feb 25, 2012
    Can we shoot centerfire on this range? Naturally I'll be shooting 22lr for the bulk, but it would be nice to practice with a secondary chambered in something a little more "authoritative", if you get my drift. I don't reload, so I'm even happy to donate my brass to someone there who does.

Jan 25, 2010
    I'm in for Saturday, hopefully they'll be a chance to shoot some AQT's as I have a prior commitment on Sunday.
    Awesome range and center fire is allowed there.

lucky4034

Master
    Jan 14, 2012
    I'm sorry I missed it... I had every intention on coming Sunday, but instead spent the entire day laying a new floor.

I'll make the next one for sure!

Top Bottom