• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    I also find it funny when talking to a fan about issues in the sport and they claim “it doesnt matter if the grandstands are packed, people will still complain”… guess what… the grandstands arent anywhere near packed. Thr only grandstands that have “sold out” are the tracks that removed seating. So again, if people really loved the sport and cared about it, they would be willing to accept it has issues instead of claiming its better than ever. Even Dale Jr says it has some major problems that need addressed. Losing sponsorships, viewers, and attendence isnt a good thing no matter how hard you close your eyes and repeat its ok.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

Denny Hamlin discussing the costs of running a team, sponsorships, and tv revenue.

From Denny:

“It’s not that NASCAR isn’t worth sponsoring. The access and experiences that NASCAR can provide a company when they sponsor a race car is unlike anything in sports. But even if these unique experiences provide a return on investment, it doesn’t change the fact that sponsorship revenue is down across the board.”

Heres an article from the Nascar president saying Nascar teams are losing money.

This article was from November of last year.

Also, currently, the purse (tv funds included) is about 4 million per race (Daytona purse is much higher, but Denny reported the average purse totals $4 million/race). 4 million divided by 36 drivers is only $111,000.00 Some will make more some make less depending on finishing position. That barely covers the costs for a car throughout the weekend. So the people going on about the tv deal are lost and have no idea what theyre talking about. I would listen to people directly involved, like Denny Hamlin, Dale Jr, Jimmie Johnson, etc.
    I was told on INGO this is not true. So apparently Denny is a “Debbie Doubter” spreading “BS more FALSE information”

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I also find it funny when talking to a fan about issues in the sport and they claim “it doesnt matter if the grandstands are packed, people will still complain”… guess what… the grandstands arent anywhere near packed. Thr only grandstands that have “sold out” are the tracks that removed seating. So again, if people really loved the sport and cared about it, they would be willing to accept it has issues instead of claiming its better than ever. Even Dale Jr says it has some major problems that need addressed. Losing sponsorships, viewers, and attendence isnt a good thing no matter how hard you close your eyes and repeat it’s ok.
    I was told on INGO that “if stands were full and the cars were upside down and on fire backward the Debbie Doubters would still complain and whine”, I guess Dale Jr. is a complaining whiner now…

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    There was a highlight?

Where?
    Youtube.

It has a whopping 137,000 views.

For perspective, “caitlyn clark” womens college basketball highlights has over 900,000 views, and wwe highlights from 45 minutes ago has 50,000 views. WWE from 7 days ago has 2.5 million views.

If you type nascar in youtube, the first page only has 1 video with more than 100,000 views. Almost all are under 50,000.

Maybe Lowes should sponsor womens basketball, or wrestling.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    I was told on INGO that “if stands were full and the cars were upside down and on fire backward the Debbie Doubters would still complain and whine”, I guess Dale Jr. is a complaining whiner now…
    Well, I could see how some fans would have more knowledge about the sport than someone who is a driver/team owner and another thats been involved in the sport over 20 years.

“Everyones wrong but me”

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

Denny Hamlin discussing the costs of running a team, sponsorships, and tv revenue.

From Denny:

“It’s not that NASCAR isn’t worth sponsoring. The access and experiences that NASCAR can provide a company when they sponsor a race car is unlike anything in sports. But even if these unique experiences provide a return on investment, it doesn’t change the fact that sponsorship revenue is down across the board.”

Heres an article from the Nascar president saying Nascar teams are losing money.

This article was from November of last year.

Also, currently, the purse (tv funds included) is about 4 million per race (Daytona purse is much higher, but Denny reported the average purse totals $4 million/race). 4 million divided by 36 drivers is only $111,000.00 Some will make more some make less depending on finishing position. That barely covers the costs for a car throughout the weekend. So the people going on about the tv deal are lost and have no idea what theyre talking about. I would listen to people directly involved, like Denny Hamlin, Dale Jr, Jimmie Johnson, etc.
    OMG! :lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

He that knows it all is posting rebuttals to posts in this thread in his own thread that we have been asked not to post in. Unreal!

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    OMG! :lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

He that knows it all is posting rebuttals to posts in this thread in his own thread that we have been asked not to post in. Unreal!
    Eh. I dont even care to read that thread honestly. Id rather trust denny hamlin and the president of nascars word… i think they may be slightly more educated in this area than a “fan”

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Ok. No more separate threads. There's a few whiny ass members regarding these Nascar threads so now they're combined to one. Easier for me to watch the whiners. I guarantee that someone will get banned if the banter keeps up. Don't like what someone posts, fine. Name calling will be an automatic 6 months off. I will shut this thread down permanently if need be.

I would think there's a hell of a lot more to be concerned about in this country other than Nascar popularity.

Get over yourselves, and you all know who I'm talking about.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    I'll probably spend more time watching this series of runs this year.

In the open, no cage, run it.

Mind the stone wall...there is no "safety barrier" save that which you figure.

Watch for the elevation changes, impact on weight distribution among other things. Likely to get airborne with no "safety belt" and just your body and mind to keep you on the pegs and the bars.

But hey, turning left in a roll cage enclosed with a steel prototype body on a paved oval track at maybe 150 or so is pretty cool too.

ETA: I'll start a new thread instead of hijacking this one.

Carry on.

Last edited:

Hoosier Carry

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2012
    In the Woods

FS1. This is some of the issue with viewer numbers. I dont pay for the apps through a streaming device and only have local channels through antenna signal. Some of my favorite races I will figure out how to watch but wont go the extra mile to watch many of them.
    If Nascar would keep it to local channels like CBS, FOX59, or WTHR, then they may be able to get more viewers. It’s not doing them any favors to build contracts with cable channel providers if a percentage of people are cut the cord type viewers.

Bristol is on USA so Ill find a way to watch but what if they were on FOX instead. They may get some higher numbers then!

Top Bottom