• ...and so much more!
  • JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    Really just depends what you want to spend, I would get tickets for Saturday and Sunday along with a pre race pit pass on Sunday.

Saturday ARCA/Truck ticket - $60
    Sunday Ticket - $80
    Pre race pass - $75
    Hotel 2 nights - around $350
    Gas - $75
    Food and Drinks - $75+ what I bring from home

I would be spending around $715 for the entire weekend.

Probably seems like a lot for most people, but it is a lot of on track action those two day and weekends like this are my vacations. My son and I don't do Disney or beach trips, always racing for us.
    That's very reasonable these days. I miss the days when they ran busses from Owensboro to all the major races along the east coast. Total cost for bus ride, tickets and room were in the $200-300 range back then. Food and drink was the only out of pocket expense.

Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    Unfortunately, Ironman will probably end up being more expensive for me. I'm sure my son will be wanting to upgrade quads after Saturday. I did find a hybrid Blaster setup with a cr80 dirt bike engine in it, may have to snatch that up.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    Unfortunately, Ironman will probably end up being more expensive for me. I'm sure my son will be wanting to upgrade quads after Saturday. I did find a hybrid Blaster setup with a cr80 dirt bike engine in it, may have to snatch that up.
    My parents wouldn't allow me to own a bike until I was 18. Your son is getting something he will never forget. You can't put a price on that. :thumbsup:

Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    My parents wouldn't allow me to own a bike until I was 18. Your son is getting something he will never forget. You can't put a price on that. :thumbsup:
    I make sure to remind him how lucky he is, He currently races in the 65 two stroke class, a trail bike class, and a yard quad class, hoping to replace the quad and run in a 90 open class with true race bikes.

For a 10 year old, he is definitely spoiled, but he's much happier doing this than he was with the standard stick and ball sports. And I am much happier at the track watching him make new friends than I would be at a ball game.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    When NASCAR screws up they are the last to admit it. Look back to the noose hoax and bowing to the BLM and LGBT's. The true NASCAR fans don't give 2 sh*ts about those issues.
    Thats why i could never see them going back to the gen 6 cars or doing away with stage racing. That would have to admit they were wrong, and that isnt going to happen.

And idk about anyone else, but the 1 nut holding the tires on just doesnt have the same appeal to me. Maybe the younger generation likes it idk, but i am very sentimental, and i would like for something to be the same as it used to be. It cant be safer to have 1 nut than 5. Its less work to tighten 1, but if its loose theres more chance of losing the wheel now. Theres been quite a few wheels lost the past couple years

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus

From the kenny wallace channel, Michael Jordan and Denny Hamlin discussing how much the teams are losing each year. Denny said 7 figures lost yearly.

How can the most watched motorsport in America lose money?

Could this have anything to do with it?​

Race teams receive many tax benefits and credits. The racing business incurs many high costs and it is important to qualify as a business in order to take advantage of these benefits.

Costs related to traveling to and from racing events, all costs related to purchase and maintenance of the racing cars, salaries for employees working on maintenance and transportation crews, costs of promotional goods that are sold at events, such as T-shirts, mugs, and other items are all costs to be deducted from the income derived from winning races and drivers making personal appearances.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    How can the most watched motorsport in America lose money?

Could this have anything to do with it?​

Race teams receive many tax benefits and credits. The racing business incurs many high costs and it is important to qualify as a business in order to take advantage of these benefits.

Costs related to traveling to and from racing events, all costs related to purchase and maintenance of the racing cars, salaries for employees working on maintenance and transportation crews, costs of promotional goods that are sold at events, such as T-shirts, mugs, and other items are all costs to be deducted from the income derived from winning races and drivers making personal appearances.

Everything I say gets a laughing emoji. Sad that we cant even enjoy a discussion without getting trolled. Its been nice discussing all aspects of the sport without bickering, but being trolled just makes you wanna refrain from discussing anything.

Nascar needs to up the percentage the teams receive from the telivision deal. When jordan is saying its a bad deal, thats a good sign that he will not stay around if hes not gonna make a profit. Why donate money with no return? He wouldnt be rich if he just gave it away.

Last edited:

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    You're not special. I'm getting them too. :thumbsup:
    Just try to ignore it, proves why there was arguing and bickering and isnt now, and we are still being harassed.

I had a guy at work want to go to a race. Hes never been. I suggested bristol for the atmosphere and ability to see the entire track. The night race is an amazing atmosphere. Wish he couldve went years ago and seen the nascar we fell in love with, good bump and runs and long green runs with pit strategies play out… but im glad he will get to experience it anyways. I think everyone should experience bristol at least once.

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    So I was in Indy last night for cleetus and cars the Indy 800…… Tony Stewart was racing drag cars and then afterwords came to the circle track for the crown Vic race.

During his pre-race interview he said “I am going to treat all of these guys like Joey Lagano in California, like little b!tche$.” (He was kidding but it was hilarious and he stayed true to his promise)

He missed qualifying so started in last 80 laps 20 car field. Took him 16 laps to get into first and then he held it the entire race until the last turn last lap got put into the wall. During the winners victory lap Tony went and spun him out lol. We missed the post race interviews because the (crazy) fireworks messed up the speaker we couldn’t hear them anymore.

At first I was so excited to see him go through the field starting in the back…. But then he did it so easily and held 1st pretty easily…. I found myself rooting against him at the end lol

Last edited:

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    So I was in Indy last night for cleetus and cars the Indy 800…… Tony Stewart was racing drag cars and then afterwords came to the circle track for the crown Vic race.

During his pre-race interview he said “I am going to treat all of these guys like Joey Lagano in California, like little b!tche$.” (He was kidding but it was hilarious and he stayed true to his promise)

He missed qualifying so started in last 80 laps 20 car field. Took him 16 laps to get into first and then he held it the entire race until the last turn last lap got put into the wall. During the winners victory lap Tony went and spun him out lol. We missed the post race interviews because the (crazy) fireworks messed up the speaker we couldn’t hear them anymore.

At first I was so excited to see him go through the field starting in the back…. But then he did it so easily and held 1st pretty easily…. I found myself rooting against him at the end lol
    Tony is just built different. Loves to race, doesnt natter what it is.

They have a video of the last lap last night on youtube. Hilarious

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    Tony is just built different. Loves to race, doesnt natter what it is.

They have a video of the last lap last night on youtube. Hilarious
    He admitted yesterday that the Cole Trickle scene with the rental car is what happens in real life… he said that was the last time he drove a crown Vic lol

it really was entertaining. The van race with a ramp was equally as fun.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    He admitted yesterday that the Cole Trickle scene with the rental car is what happens in real life… he said that was the last time her drove a crown Vic lol

it really was entertaining. The van race with a ramp was equally as fun.
    Ya they talked on dale jr download about the making of days of thunder and how most of what happens in the movie was stuff that really happened.

They asked Dale Earnhardt to play the part of Rowdy but he declined. Said he didnt wanna play the villain. Ha

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Whats everyones thoughts on Jimmie Johnson coming back to run a few races? I dont know if he is just bored in retirement, feels like he wants to prove to himself if he still has it, or if, as a team owner, he wants to get a feel for his team from the seat.

I feel like he is going to hurt his legacy. Guys will leave and have an amazing legacy, then return and not be competitive at all, and whenever they are brought up in conversations it seems like their return is what people remember them by.

Remember when Jordan returned to the Wizards and absolutely sucked? I think Jimmie owes a lot of his success to Chad Knaus, and if he wants his team to be successful hiring someone with Knaus’s intelligence is a must. Stewart Haas was so successful because of the organization he put together. A lot of DEI ended up at SH.

***Ironhead***

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2008
    Morgan county
    Whats everyones thoughts on Jimmie Johnson coming back to run a few races? I dont know if he is just bored in retirement, feels like he wants to prove to himself if he still has it, or if, as a team owner, he wants to get a feel for his team from the seat.

I feel like he is going to hurt his legacy. Guys will leave and have an amazing legacy, then return and not be competitive at all, and whenever they are brought up in conversations it seems like their return is what people remember them by.

Remember when Jordan returned to the Wizards and absolutely sucked? I think Jimmie owes a lot of his success to Chad Knaus, and if he wants his team to be successful hiring someone with Knaus’s intelligence is a must. Stewart Haas was so successful because of the organization he put together. A lot of DEI ended up at SH.
    I also feel like he is hurting his legacy. Seems he disrespected Richard Petty or pushed him out, the firing of Noah and switching to turdyota. I was never a fan but always respected what he accomplished.

Top Bottom