• Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    NASCAR Driver Kurt Busch and domestic assault case

If true, Kurt is done. He has had his 2nd, 3rd, 4th, ect. . . chances, especially since the sports world is all fired up already with the NFL's issues. I guess we will have to wait and see how this plays out.

Dover Police Issue Statement In Regards to Ongoing Kurt Busch investigation UPDATE:
    Due to numerous media inquiries regarding a criminal investigation involving professional race car driver #41-Kurt Busch, the Dover Police Department has issued the following statement: The Dover Police Department can confirm that an investigation is being conducted based on an allegation of domestic assault that is alleged to have occurred in the City of Dover involving Mr. Busch. These allegations were brought to the Dover Police Department on Wednesday, November 5th at 2:00PM. At this time, the department is still investigating the victim's claims and will not have any further comment on this matter in order to preserve the integrity of the case. The Dover Police Department will release further information as it becomes available. We appreciate the public's and media's patience in this matter and are confident that the department is taking the proper investigative steps to ensure the case is resolved appropriately.(Dover Police Department)
    NASCAR Statement from Brett Jewkes, NASCAR Senior Vice President and Chief Communications Officer, Regarding Dover Police Department Release: "NASCAR is aware of the investigation involving driver Kurt Busch. We recognize the seriousness of this matter and are actively gathering information from all parties, including law enforcement authorities and Stewart-Haas Racing. It would be inappropriate for NASCAR to comment further on this matter until we have more information."(NASCAR)(11-7-2014)

Last edited:

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    The allegations have been made by his girlfriend.

And people are already starting to distance themselves from Kurt, and this story just broke within the last 30 minutes. I am betting this is just the beginning.

Dover (Del.) Police Department issues statement on a domestic assault investigation of Kurt Busch | MotorSportsTalk

"The Armed Forces Foundation has also ended its association with Busch, per a statement from AFF Chairman of the Board Pat LaFrieda:

“I want to, first and foremost, express the direct support from the Board of Directors of the Armed Forces Foundation to Ms. Driscoll. For more than a decade, Ms. Driscoll has been a tireless worker and advocate for our nation’s service members, veterans, and military families. The Foundation will continue working to support service members, veterans, and military families and we ask that Ms. Driscoll’s privacy be respected.

Given the serious nature of the allegations, the Foundation has suspended its association with Mr. Busch.”

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I love Nascar. But lust like every other sport, there are thugs in the game!! It's really disappointing.

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Kurt Busch Under Investigation for Alleged Domestic Assault | Bleacher Report

"The documents, filed Wednesday, say Busch was despondent the night of Sept. 26 after his poor performance at the qualifying race.

"He was verbally abusive to her and said he wished he had a gun so that he could kill himself," the documents say.

Driscoll said Busch, 36, called her names and accused her of "having spies everywhere and having a camera on the bus to watch him." He then jumped up, grabbed her face and smashed her head three times against the wall next to the bed, the documents say.

Driscoll says she pushed Busch away and ran from the bedroom, going to a nearby bus to put an ice pack on her head and neck. She said the incident caused her severe pain, difficulty breathing and bruising on her neck.

A hearing in the case is scheduled for Dec. 2."

GLOCKMAN23C

Resident Dumbass II
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    S.E. Indy
    They're dropping him over an allegation? Wow. If ever I want to destroy my enemy, I'll just make baseless accusations.

It's not surprising. The world we live in, is PC beyond belief. Even the mere mention of something like this will send the money people away.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Kurt has had several anger related issues and has lost good rides over it. Penski gave him the bootski for one of them.

Well, I knew he could be a Richard, but he seemed to hide it (publicly at least) better than Kyle. Kyle was always an "in your face" guy whenever they'd interview him after an "incident".

Magneto

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    New Albany
    I made a prediction that he will not race at Homestead next week. I think that Monday or Tuesday SHR will announce that he will not be racing the last race of the season and that will be the end of him at SHR. At some point after the season he will be dismissed from the team. Remember, Tony Stewart had NOTHING to do with him coming to SHR. It was all Gene Haas. For the record I would like to see Regan Smith to get the ride if SHR continues to field 4 cars.

Top Bottom