• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Hey Frank - you were an officer in Nashville? If you'd just stuck with it for another 20 years, you might have been able to get some special perks from the mayor. ;)

https://www.tennessean.com/story/ne...relationship-top-security-officer/1082374001/

Oh and Shooter McNissan should be convicted of at least some kind of recklessness. As gun owners, we shouldn't give another gun owner a pass for bad behavior just because his motivation is relatable.

We condone that which we accept. Accepting that a gun owner can shoot stuff up because he's angry makes us all look like we would shoot stuff up when we're angry.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Shooting them in the act seems reasonable...driving around town to shoot them up some place else hours later probably only works if you're Mad Max, or if they'd stolen a family member (in which case all bets are off and all deferred consequences will be ignored).

MarkC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    I don't get the logic of ramming your own car with another of your own cars...

That seems kinda counter productive.

I can understand the urge to shoot the no good car thieves but the down side of that is a high price to pay for a few minutes of vengeance after glow.

Insurance will generally not pay for damage from YOUR intentional acts, such as a) ramming one car with another, and, especially b) shooting up your own car. I could see it being different if you shot your car during a justified exchange of gunfire, such as fending off a carjacker, but this was hours after the event.

Hey Frank - you were an officer in Nashville? If you'd just stuck with it for another 20 years, you might have been able to get some special perks from the mayor. ;)

https://www.tennessean.com/story/ne...relationship-top-security-officer/1082374001/

Oh and Shooter McNissan should be convicted of at least some kind of recklessness. As gun owners, we shouldn't give another gun owner a pass for bad behavior just because his motivation is relatable.

We condone that which we accept. Accepting that a gun owner can shoot stuff up because he's angry makes us all look like we would shoot stuff up when we're angry.

^^^ (on Shooter McNissan, not Mayor McDownpants). I seem to recall several of the profs covering something about the policy behind many laws was to avoid "violent self-help."

On the issue with the mayor and her security detail guy, sounds like it fell into the "good work, if you can get it" category, especially with all the paid OT!:):

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

I saw that this morning from another source. $135,000 in OVERTIME. Turns out keeping a boyfriend is pretty expensive too.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN

I was. And I saw that last night. I don't recognize the officer by name. I would consider sleeping with the Indy mayor for $75,000/year in OT (or whatever the amount was).

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Insurance will generally not pay for damage from YOUR intentional acts, such as a) ramming one car with another, and, especially b) shooting up your own car. I could see it being different if you shot your car during a justified exchange of gunfire, such as fending off a carjacker, but this was hours after the event.

Understood. This guy is going to learn an expensive lesson for not keeping his anger in check.

(Assuming either or both vehicles were worth anything).

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I was. And I saw that last night. I don't recognize the officer by name. I would consider sleeping with the Indy mayor for $75,000/year in OT (or whatever the amount was).

Be careful what you wish for. :)

He should hold out for more going by what that Nashville officer got. But then again, sometimes there's more to it than just money. :D

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Guns are for defending yourself or others from death or serious bodily injury. Full stop.

Hopefully, if there isn't more to the story, they plead him to some sort of misdemeanor, but there should be consequences.

As for what he accomplished? 2 damaged cars, thieves do a little juvie time...he probably gets sued. Great job.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Guns are for defending yourself or others from death or serious bodily injury. Full stop.

Hopefully, if there isn't more to the story, they plead him to some sort of misdemeanor, but there should be consequences.

As for what he accomplished? 2 damaged cars, thieves do a little juvie time...he probably gets sued. Great job.

Come on Hough, don't kill the last Unicorn. We can have our fantasies can't we?
    Wouldn't it be nice legally to be able to shoot all the pukes that don't behave to our liking??
    We ALL know the guy screwed up and it's going to cost him.
    Maybe we could just shoot the car thief in the foot?

Top Bottom