• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • djhuckle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 9, 2012
    Buying an AK 47

Saw this on last night. Seemed to be a married couple with the woman trying to expose the ease of getting guns and the husband videotaping it.

First segment - she goes shooting and it turns out she likes it.
    Second segment - she attempts undercover straw purchases at gun store - 14 AKs haha
    Third segment - private sales at gun shows and online - she buys like 4 guns or something including a .500 SW magnum and .50 BMG (both very useful haha) - love the comments they kept making about how it's a weapon of war and that they could tear up the place with it.
    Fourth segment - they shoot all the guns they bought

She seemed to be doing a lot of liberal baiting with the typical hyperbolic drivel, but the look on her face in the first segment while she was shooting sort of kept popping in my mind and I was thinking "she really likes guns after shooting, but has to do this to make a stupid documentary/show to make money" the whole time.

Anyone else see it? Looks like it will be on the 13th again if you're bored.

Buying An AK-47 | National Geographic Channel

J Starkey

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    Kokomo
    Yeah I seen this also. I thought the same thing you did. In the beginning I thought she might actually come out liking firearms, but then came the usual rhetoric. It drove me crazy hearing them keep calling them weapons of war and kept referring to the "gunshow loophole" saying that's how criminals buy all there weapons. Then the police officer at the gunshow was saying that gun owners don't care if they sell them to criminals because all they care about is getting their money. They also implied it's easier to find a gun than a McDonald's.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    "The AR-15 and AK-47 were illegal until 2004"? WTF

"If someone buys 2 or more high powered rifles in a 5 day period retailers are required to report it to the ATF"? First time ever heard that, AFAIK it's just for 2 or more handguns

I'm glad I only waisted 2 minutes of my time watching that clip instead of catching the whole episode

djhuckle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 9, 2012
    Yeah, there was a lot of misinformation in it too. But nothing really more than you see on random Internet forums - then again, that's how all the rumors get started.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Yeah, there was a lot of misinformation in it too. But nothing really more than you see on random Internet forums - then again, that's how all the rumors get started.

I get most of my firearm rumors from the gun shop or dealers at gun shows. I usually just nod while staring off into space. It makes things go much easier, especially when trying to get a price down some at shows.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    "The AR-15 and AK-47 were illegal until 2004"? WTF

"If someone buys 2 or more high powered rifles in a 5 day period retailers are required to report it to the ATF"? First time ever heard that, AFAIK it's just for 2 or more handguns

I'm glad I only waisted 2 minutes of my time watching that clip instead of catching the whole episode

I believe that is for states that border Mexico...For some reason States that border Canada are excluded...I think the long guns must have a detachable magazine and be semi automatic....

Top Bottom