• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kimber

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 13, 2011
    South Bend
    Saw a new show on Nat Geo Tuesday night think it was called Doomsday Preppers. It seems like a good show and has diferant peoples ideas of prepping its on at 9:pm eastern.

BigMatt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 22, 2009
    I saw one episode and it looked pretty good. I, however think these people are idiots for putting themselves and their stores on TV like that.

Ogre

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Im not a big fan of the fact that some "experts" critique each preppers "preparedness" at the end of their segments. And I agree with the others, If I have done as much as some of those people have done to prepare, the last thing Im going to do is tell my neighbors, let alone national television.
    It is an interesting show though.

pirate

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 2, 2011
    One of their shows preppers has already been deemed "unfit" by their state .gov after appearing on their show.

One guy shot his thumb off in a recent episode.

Another guy preps by collecting 52652 billion Chinese POS dragon knives and swords.

This show is sooooo good for anyone who actually does prep. Oh wait.

Stubz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    May 2, 2011
    Alexandria, IN
    I find it incredibly hard to follow the flow, with it having 4-5 people per episode. Don't care for how they are critiqued, doesn't seem to take into account the Preppers location or anything (Telling the guy out in Los Angeles to get a gun? ..ookk).

Held higher hopes, fell flat on it's face.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    I thought the most prepared were the two families living together.
    They were farming and converted an old truck to run off of wood.
    Some interesting people and ideas.

Last edited:

RBrianHarless

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2011
    Kokomo
    I find it entertaining and informative. I like how the professionals identify their weakness in their plan. It may not be perfect but it could help someone out.

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    Professionals?

Then I'm a professional. You don't have enough water. Your need to plan multiple routs for your bug out location. You should really think about defense more. You need to store more food.

Get a generator to supply you with energy when no one has any electricity.
    Greeeeeaaat idea there. Fire up a loud as heck generator to show everyone you planned ahead.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    I don't have a nice way to say this so I'll just come out with it. That girl from Houston( I think) on the first episode is just asking to get raped if she plans to dress like that and walk through those neighborhoods to bug out.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    I don't have a nice way to say this so I'll just come out with it. That girl from Houston( I think) on the first episode is just asking to get raped if she plans to dress like that and walk through those neighborhoods to bug out.

I missed that one, I'll have to back through my "On Demand" list too see if I can find it. As far as rape goes, that will probably be rampant. Any girl or woman that does not have the skills of self defense will probably be raped in that kind of environment. :twocents:

Kmcinnes

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2011
    Hendricks County
    I have learned some neat stuff, but I also shake my head at some of the things. The family here in the midwest that is worried about the new madrid earthquake had a great set up but claimed they were not worried about defense. they would invite everyone for a feast lol. My wife says thankfully we do not portray ourselves as crazy people like some of them do. I guess its entertainment at least.

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    I thought the most prepared were the two families living together.
    They were farming and converted an old truck to run off of wood.
    Some interesting people and ideas.

Then you must have missed the episode where that guy built a compound in the desert made of 8 superl ong cargo containers. He had a team of like 4-5 people that lived with him. A couple of them ex-military bad-asses and a slew of livestock that were literally trained to "bug-out".

He had enough food and water for over a year and had 2 buses, an SUV and a livestock trailer he for bugging out.

That dude was ridiculously prepared.

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012

Of all the preppers Ive seen so far, that chick was one of the only ones that I thought was nutz.... She was prepared... but crazy.

sweddle

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010

I agree about the girl in Houston. Plus, she was an idiot!

sweddle

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    I just remembered that the girl in Houston made a comment about bartering her body for trade! With that mentality, I don't need any provisions, just prostitutes to barter for me!

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    I am not a prepper nor do I play one on TV. However, if I knew a prepper I would suggest that they tell no one. The public is generally stigmatized against preppers. Hopefully the show will not cast a bad light on people who stick to the old boy scout motto.

Exodus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 29, 2011
    SWI
    The second season has been pretty much horrible IMO. There were a couple decent, non-make us look crazy ones.

.452browning

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Then you must have missed the episode where that guy built a compound in the desert made of 8 superl ong cargo containers. He had a team of like 4-5 people that lived with him. A couple of them ex-military bad-asses and a slew of livestock that were literally trained to "bug-out".

He had enough food and water for over a year and had 2 buses, an SUV and a livestock trailer he for bugging out.

That dude was ridiculously prepared.

That guy was the man. He had over 50,000 lbs of food. Enough for him and his wife for 20+ years. I can't remember how much for the other folks staying with him. He could supply his house with power independently from the rest of the system with solar and wind power. Turned animal feces into fuel. Lots of livestock. Canned and preserved his own food. His house looked like a castle. The buses could transport, house, and store enough food for over a year along with everyone who goes with him........However, if I were him I wouldn't show everyone on national television what I had. :twocents:

Top Bottom