• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • seldon14

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    Piggyback since you mentioned Illinoisistan - would I be able to buy ammo in Illinois under this new act? They currently only sell in state to FOID holders.

IL does not have any mag limits on handguns.

Only IL residents are required to have a foid to purchase ammo. You can purchase ammo in IL with your IN dl.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Every one is focussed on h.r. 38. But what about h.r. 4437(?) Fix nics. How much info do we have on it? Ive tried searching for it but it wasnt up to be read just a note that it was to be voted on. All ive heard about it is a little unsettling. Im hoping for someone with real knowledge about it. Not just scuttlebutt.

Read page two of this thread:

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...obama-style-gun-control-natl-reciprocity.html

The quote from Dana Loesch helps with understanding this issue.

Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    IL does not have any mag limits on handguns.

Only IL residents are required to have a foid to purchase ammo. You can purchase ammo in IL with your IN dl.

Some stores don't care and will not sell ammo to Indiana residents. Farm and Fleet in Burbonais has a sign up to that effect. Chicago and several other suburbs have mag limits.

Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    I believe this only applies to their AWB ban. The state preemption law does not allow local Governments to make their own laws on handguns.

There was a grace period before the new Illinois laws took place that allowed local municipalities to have AW bans as well as magazine restrictions. A number of areas surrounding Chicago put restrictions in place as did Chicago. There is much discussion about the legalities of those bans and restrictions on Illinois firearm owners forums. As far as I know they have never been tested in the court system and no one has been brought through the legal system on charges related. It is something I try to keep up to date on as I work in Chicago. I don't like taking this thread on a tangent from its original and important topic but I hate seeing things that could get one in legal trouble. Perhaps we should start yet another thread regarding illinois laws to keep this thread on track.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    [video=youtube;-E_8Xx7i3ss]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-E_8Xx7i3ss[/video]

Top Bottom