National Right-to-Carry Reciprocity Act: Good or Bad? What do you think??

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I posted this in another thread, but it should go here.

Are there some unintended consequences?

For example, New York's CC is a token effort and it's almost impossible to get a CC permit there. Other states are somewhat less restrictive. So if I'm allowed to CC there but the good citizens of NY can't, then what's to prevent NY from completely banning CC altogether and go to the Illinois model?

And will Utah and Centre Co., PA go broke with the sudden loss in money from selling CC permits?

Is this a situation where IN and other 'loose' states win and gun owners in restrictive states lose?

Also, I don't own any 10 rd. magazines for travel! There's still a lot of odd gun laws in other states that are serious impediment to CC.

As to training in Indiana, I'm indifferent. They should at least handout a pamphlet with the laws and a FAQ. How many times do we answer questions on the forum from LTCH holders about the law?

newtothis

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 28, 2011
    I know if anyone mentioned it, but The Full Faith and Credit Clause quasi-covers it. There are certain things that the Founding Fathers werent accounting for, specifically the "loose" morals of current society, but they had an idea what where they wanted to take things.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville

Adamska

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2009
    Michigan City
    IMO I think its the death of the US Constitution and States rights. 2A should be the end all be all We don't need the FED telling the states what to do reminds me of Obama Care...If anyone supports this you need to read your constitution

Its comes down to this they are already restricting you and its not in yet...in 1 or 5 years they can add more crap to it to restrict you most states already honor each others Carry permits.

The things to expect from this later down the road is, longer waits on your permit a federal firearms owner ID card (begging the government to use your "Privilege not your right") more gun control just a few things off the top of my head....

Im going to shut up before I make anyone more mad then what they already are for me posting this...

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    IMO I think its the death of the US Constitution and States rights.

This is breathing life into the US Constitution. Why do you think the Fourteenth Amendment is there?

Certain states refused to recognize the rights of the freedmen. Today certain states refuse to recognize my privilege and immunity to carry firearm wherever I go.

Congress has a duty to ensure that the States obey and recognize my rights.

States have no rights. Absolutely none. Say it with me, INGO, States have no rights.

We don't need the FED telling the states what to do reminds me of Obama Care

The FED tells Mississippi to permit African-Americans to vote. The FED should tell Massachusetts and New York to permit me to carry a gun.

Its comes down to this they are already restricting you and its not in yet...in 1 or 5 years they can add more crap to it to restrict you most states already honor each others Carry permits.

"They are already restricting" me? Who is "they"? You mean the state for requiring a license (fair enough, but I think parade permits will be upheld)? 1 to 5 years add more crap? Really? In Indiana? Things are getting better and better for us.

The things to expect from this later down the road is, longer waits on your permit a federal firearms owner ID card (begging the government to use your "Privilege not your right") more gun control just a few things off the top of my head....

Where is this nonsense coming from? Angel? GOA? Red State?

822 creates no federal firearms owner ID card. What is going on here?

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I'm not a fan of Feds getting involved in states rights.

*rolls on floor, froths at mouth*

Missippi does not have the "right" to deny African-Americans from voting.

Georgia does not have the "right" to establish an official church and require you to attend.

Utah does not have the "right" to tell me that I must wear certain underwear or not drink coffee when I visit.

New Jersey does not have the "right" to tell me that I cannot carry a gun while visiting J-Wow.

Yeti

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    New Haven
    my roommate from NY brought up a loop hole that places like NY and CA would use. If this law does pass, it does not necessarily mean you can buy one... or something. You have the right to carry but the states can require you to have a license to buy one. Can anyone confirm? I thought it was interesting. I am not familiar with NY's laws.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Is anyone else concerned with the wording? I lost count how many time they said "CONCEALED." I can OC in several other states and I would like to IMPROVE on that or at the very least MAINTAIN that number not dercrease it so I can CC in two other states I never go to. Hell the only one I'm intersted in gaining is Illinois :rolleyes:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I'd guess I'd rather lean towards States Rights, and leave it to the People of each state to lean on their local governments to recognize our/their rights.

The Feds have proven that they cannot be trusted.

So, the States have proven they can be trusted? Mississippi can be trusted with voting rights? I wouldn't trust Mississippi as far as I could throw a dead Elvis.

Perhaps Arkansas, Alabama or Georgia can be trusted with voting rights? Geez. There's a reason we have the Fourteenth Amendment and its called . . . the States.

The Feds are responsible for enforcing civil rights. This is what the federal government should be doing.

Further, the States have no rights. Absolutely no rights what sooooo evar!

MTC

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Thanks for all your comments in this thread, Kirk.
    ... Why do you think the Fourteenth Amendment is there?

Certain states refused to recognize the rights of the freedmen. Today certain states refuse to recognize my privilege and immunity to carry firearm wherever I go.
    Surely, this will not stand.
    Congress has a duty to ensure that the States obey and recognize my rights.

States have no rights. Absolutely none. Say it with me, INGO, States have no rights.
    Acknowledged from long ago, but will say it with you. States have no rights.
    *rolls on floor, froths at mouth*
    :laugh: With the understanding that it takes quite a lot to elicit this type reaction from one of regal bearing, some of the membership of INGO always delivers.
    Missippi does not have the "right" to deny African-Americans from voting.

Georgia does not have the "right" to establish an official church and require you to attend.

Utah does not have the "right" to tell me that I must wear certain underwear or not drink coffee when I visit.
    :eek: Now they've really done it.

New Jersey does not have the "right" to tell me that I cannot carry a gun while visiting J-Wow.
    Hear, hear!
    Have rhino buy. He owes me after nearly taking my life outside the yoga studio last night. (He drove up on the sidewalk, screaming "I hate all Englishmen!" and then fled the scene, only to call me later).
    :): Forget the driving on the sidewalk. Such a provocative pronouncement by the purple pachyderm must be punished.:D
    Wait. Yoga? What were you doing at ... nevermind. More undercover work, perhaps. :cool: Yeah, that must be it.
    The Feds are responsible for enforcing civil rights. This is what the federal government should be doing.

Further, the States have no rights. Absolutely no rights what sooooo evar!
    There you have it. Again.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Whadda ya mean what was I doing at yoga? What I always do, stretching and breathing.

I don't know why rhino has it in for me. Maybe I need to post a poll on what his restitution should be for last night attempt on me? He claimed to be "driving back from work" at Ivy Tech's downtown campus but I think he was photographing my truck.

I need to challenge rhino to a hip hop rap battle. You know like Professor Elemental and Mr. B.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0iRTB-FTMdk[/ame]

Hear, hear!

J-Wow is actually attractive and kind of intelligent. I'm not sure why the others get the press. Oh, well, it shouldn't be illegal to carry when I fly out.

Effingham

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Franklin
    Nice to see that Sheila Jackson Lee is just as crazy and stupid as ever.

I wonder very much about the people who keep voting for her.

The Congressional bonehead award goes to Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee (D-TX) who, on a visit to JPL, asked if Mars Pathfinder had taken an image of the flag planted there in 1969 by Neil Armstrong! ... Worse, Jackson Lee, who represents Houston, is a member of the House Science Committee’s space subcommittee.

In 2010, Jackson Lee stated that, "...victory had been achieved" by the United States in Vietnam. She went on to state, "Today, we have two Vietnams; side-by-side, North and South, exchanging and working. We may not agree with all that North Vietnam is doing, but they are living in peace. I would look for a better human rights record for North Vietnam, but they are living side by side. Because that was a civil war, and because the leadership of this nation did not listen to the mothers and fathers who beared...bore the burden of 58,000 dead and did not declare victory; the mounting deaths; the violence continued going up and up, rather than understanding the political nature of the war in Vietnam, we did not listen to those families." In fact, the territories of North and South Vietnam were united under communist rule after the withdrawal of the United States in the 1970s.

Jackson Lee has urged better relations between the U.S. and Venezuela, which she describes as a friendly nation. She said the U.S. should reconsider its ban on selling F-16 fighter jets and spare parts to that country. The U.S. State Department bans such sales due to "lack of support" for counter-terrorist operations and Venezuela's relations with Iran and Cuba.

:)::)::)::)::):

Top Bottom