• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    What....... you mean like a drivers license or marriage license? The 2nd. Amendment is being slowly chipped away, day by day. I will be shocked if we still have a right of personal protection in 10 years. Those that scream the loudest make/change the rules. Unfortunately, the rest of us that hope to keep and bear arms don't speak in unison.

Fortunately state victories over the last 15 years or so would contradict your doom and gloom prediction. In the last two decades we've seen every state move towards establishing some form of carry permit system, even if some had to be dragged kicking and screaming.

We're also up to what, 14 or 15 Constitutional Carry states now, up from just three in the early 2000s.

We have made significant progress to expand gun rights in several states. It's important to keep that in perspective and not get discouraged.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Anyhoo,

I just got my Nationwide Permit...actually, it's called: United States License to Carry Handgun (USLCH). It has to be renewed every 4 years and it was expensive, but I think it was worth it. The wait was only 8 weeks. I like that they accept any state's classes or prior military or law enforcement experience for the education component.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Gun guys poke fun because there should be a way to get a nationally recognized license to carry a firearm. As an Indiana resident here are your two best choices currently:

1) Volunteer as a reserve police officer, then you are covered under LEOSA. This is an honorable option if you want or have the time to give back to your community. Doing this just because you get special perks or so you can carry a gun is a poor reason.

2) Obtain and maintain a Utah and Florida non-resident license. Other states include Arizona and Virginia. But Utah and Florida are probably the most accessible. Currently Florida seems to be the most recognized and pretty easy to maintain. Utah takes a special class but is cheap and easy to maintain once you have the license. Since Minnesota changed their laws and doesn’t recognize Utah I see much less value in their license. So my current recommendation would be the Indiana lifetime and Florida non-resident.

3) Maybe the 5 year Indiana license will give us some more reciprocity recognition???

Indyhd

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Noblesville
    Did it come with a concealed carry badge? Or at least a quick-deploy sash?

The maroon sash is nice with a black, or brown suit, and really looks nice with gray, but there is no way you can wear that thing with a blue suit.
    They need to offer the sash in multiple colors.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    You guys laugh, but after you shoot someone is self defense, that concealed carry badge may prevent the cops from shooting you when they show up to the scene.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Your actions when police get on scene are far more likely to not get you shot.

The primary action to avoid being shot by cops is to be a cop. They take care of their own. That CC badge can buy you precious moments of reflection that could save your life.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I still have my National Honor Society sash somewhere... the fetching bright yellow might catch their attention.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    yes-I-am-carrying-a-concealed-handgun-shirt.jpg

alabasterjar

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2013
    Steuben County
    Gun guys poke fun because there should be a way to get a nationally recognized license to carry a firearm.
    Um, no. There should not be a way to get a national recognized license, the ability to travel freely, with 2A protections, should be the default position. I don't need a license to have freedom of speech or freedom of assembly protections when I travel through other states. I don't need to apply for a special drivers license or marriage license (which are not articulated rights in the Bill of Rights).

Top Bottom