• ...and so much more!
  • Nazgul

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Near the big river.

No Diploma? No problem! Navy Again Lowers Requirements as it Struggles to Meet Recruitment Goals​

://www.military.com/daily-news/2024/01/27/no-diploma-no-problem-navy-again-lowers-requirements-it-struggles-meet-recruitment-goals.html

Not sure this is a good idea. I have mentioned before that after retiring I worked at a High School running their In School Suspension class and helped students get caught up on work. Often they would express an interest in the military, most often some type of Special Forces. I had to be careful because I wanted to encourage them but my first reaction was they didn't have enough discipline to finish their homework how were they going to handle advanced military training.

Don

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    This is one of the best indicators that our civilization is headed in the right direction. The lowering of standards might be included as an olympic sport one day.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Gee, I wonder why patriotism is so low in our country?

When I was in school, 9/11 happened, and almost every male in school was joining the military. It was such an influx of recruitment that they were turning some away. I remember one kid in my grade was denied because of his test score.

My best friend through highschool was signed up for the USAF. Unfortunately, he passed away 2 months before graduating.

Driving through the neighborhood you would see American flags hanging in every yard.

Without bringing politics to the break room, the entire country changed after 2008. Most were hoping it was a brief change and would someday return to normal. Now, we are realizing it is permanent. I dont blame anyone for not fighting for our country today. Why risk your life for a government that refuses to work for the people? Refuses to hold open and honest elections? Everything we were taught as children that separated us from the other countries, we are guilty of doing today.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Without bringing politics to the break room, the entire country changed after 2008. Most were hoping it was a brief change and would someday return to normal. Now, we are realizing it is permanent. I dont blame anyone for not fighting for our country today. Why risk your life for a government that refuses to work for the people? Refuses to hold open and honest elections? Everything we were taught as children that separated us from the other countries, we are guilty of doing today.
    You can't separate what happened to this country post 2008 from politics. It was a political tactic which was implemented to convince the younger generations to hate their country.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    You can't separate what happened to this country post 2008 from politics. It was a political tactic which was implemented to convince the younger generations to hate their country.
    I agree, I just wanted to point out that 2008 is when it changed without saying directly it was political.

I got a in thread warning years ago about politics in the break room :):

Top Bottom