• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    If you willingly give up your rights, you have no right to complain. Everyone is given the same opportunity to avoid a checkpoint, so why complain if you choose not to take the option given.

This is a blame-the-victim argument.

They are supposed to have Probable Cause or a Warrant. Government checkpoints should not exist.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    This is a blame-the-victim argument.

They are supposed to have Probable Cause or a Warrant. Government checkpoints should not exist.

Agreed. They should not exist, but SCOTUS has given everyone the opportunity to protect their rights by legally avoiding a checkpoint. People that choose to go ahead through have no right to complain. Ignorance is no excuse.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Btw, I'm not blaming the victim. I'm expecting people to take responsibility for their decisions. The first time I turned off in front of a checkpoint, I did not know it was legal, but I did so knowing full well that my actions might have consequences. I was willing to accept those consequences in order to protect my rights.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    Agreed. They should not exist, but SCOTUS has given everyone the opportunity to protect their rights by legally avoiding a checkpoint. People that choose to go ahead through have no right to complain. Ignorance is no excuse.

Robbery victims who walk through dark alleys have no right to complain. I mean, come on. They could have stayed out of the alley if they wanted to.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    I didn't expect that you could.

Probably because you're trying to argue with a completely different scenario. If the person was walking down an alley, saw flashing lights and a sign saying "WARNING: you're going to be robbed in 1,000 feet", and he still chose to continue, then I have no pity for the "victim". :rolleyes:

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    And I dont like the idea of having to drive around an unconstitutional roadblock in the first place. They are stopping people without cause. This is still America, is it not?
    This is the country the masses want. The politicians get elected, the justices get appointed by those the people elected. The checks and balances are operating as designed. Those on this board and ones like it are the minority...and the minority seems to be shrinking. After years of working checkpoints, it was VERY rare that someone was upset by being stopped. In fact, by far, most thanked us for the effort.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    This is the country the masses want. The politicians get elected, the justices get appointed by those the people elected. The checks and balances are operating as designed. Those on this board and ones like it are the minority...and the minority seems to be shrinking. After years of working checkpoints, it was VERY rare that someone was upset by being stopped. In fact, by far, most thanked us for the effort.

There is no min/max IQ for taxpayers, sort of like cops.

Last edited:

John Galt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 18, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    It disgusts me to think that a man driving down the street with no ill intentions in his heart, breaking NO LAWS can be pulled over for absolutely NOTHING.

^^^This^^^

"Preventive" laws concern the hell out of me and is a very dangerous path, once started. This is a virtually limitless universe for the authorities to act "for our good" once this mentality is accepted and is one of the many reasons for the protections in the Bill of Rights.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011

This needs to be emphasized. We're not talking about absolute right and wrong here, but rather what is being considered right and wrong. A sufficient number of people gladly wipe their behinds with the Constitution and care very little for its history or the protections it offers unless it becomes very clear how valuable they are (like when they arrest you for what you're saying at a political rally, for example). The people are fat, lazy, and content. A sobriety checkpoint isn't Nazism to them, it's a convenience.

While they are the majority and elect our representatives this country will continue to burn itself to the ground.

Compatriot G

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2010
    New Castle

I want to make sure I'm understanding your post correctly. Do you believe it is a bad thing that more and more people are willing to give up their rights and are even thankful for the loss of their rights?

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I want to make sure I'm understanding your post correctly. Do you believe it is a bad thing that more and more people are willing to give up their rights and are even thankful for the loss of their rights?
    No, I do not but my opinion on it affects NOTHING. People every day try to have me do things that are outside my legal authority because they are too lazy to do it for themselves. People vote the way they want this country to head and like it or not...it's heading in that direction.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Thanks for violating the 4th Amendment!

I dont care how many people thanked you for violating the constitution, it doesnt make it right. Im sure if you all took all the guns out of the hands of citizens the anti gun liberals would thank you for that too, that doesnt make it right.
    You welcome, I do try to please. So far the USSC has my back on this as well as the ISC. So actually, it DOES make it right :cool:

Top Bottom