NCAA, Gainbridge Fieldhouse and concealed carry?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dsol

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    Jeffersonville
    I should have asked this a while ago but wife and I are headed up to Indy to watch Purdue (hopefully win) their first and second round games. Does anyone know if they will have metal detectors at Gainbridge Fieldhouse? I don't plan on packing a 1911 or 44 mag in, but would sure like to have a little 380 in my back pocket for the walk to and from parking and not have to leave anything like that in the car.

Thanks!

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I should have asked this a while ago but wife and I are headed up to Indy to watch Purdue (hopefully win) their first and second round games. Does anyone know if they will have metal detectors at Gainbridge Fieldhouse? I don't plan on packing a 1911 or 44 mag in, but would sure like to have a little 380 in my back pocket for the walk to and from parking and not have to leave anything like that in the car.

Thanks!
    You need to call Rent a Cop for your protection to and from the parking lot.

1711067414382.png

greg

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    Plainfied,In
    They wand everyone down…park in the garage across the street is the best option….no knife also.

Anything of value in trunk…out of site!

Last edited:

gassprint1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 15, 2015
    NWI
    They wand everyone down…park in the garage across the street is the best option….no knife also.

Anything of value in trunk…out of site!
    I've been thinking about situations like that but with SUVs. They dont have trunks and also most everything i see today, there is easy access to trunk/cargo areas from inside the car. I had thoughts of pulling the rear seat up in my hyundai Kona and putting my sidearm under it. Rear seat isn't made to pull up like certain automobiles do. If someone broke in, i don't think they'd be digging under the back seat for loose change.

BrettonJudy7

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 2, 2017
    GREENFIELD
    Looking through this now. Comic-con is also going on downtown. My wife is going to take her brother to it. Does anyone know if they will have metal detectors at the convention center?

Top Bottom