• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pitbullguy81

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 17, 2012
    South Bend
    Last night I was pulled over for a headlight being out. I have been in trouble before so I thought he was going to try and ask a bunch of questions and keep me there for awhile. When I took my DL out, a No Gun=No $ card fell out (I think he might of seen it). I was surprised that he didn't ask about my record or ask about guns, didn't even ask where I was going or coming from. He just gave me a warning citation, told me to get it fixed asap and to have a nice night. When I got home I was looking at the citation and seen that he checked "yes" on a record check and a NCIC check.

My roommate said that they only do a NCIC check if a record check shows that you have an LTCH. Is this true?

I'm asking because I applied for my LTCH (Oct.11) but I have NOT received it yet.

Dobber

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 7, 2012
    Granger (South Bend)
    False. I listen to multiple local jurisdictions daily (South Bend, SJSO, ECSO, EPD, Mishawaka) and they generally run NCIC on anyone that has any charge excluding traffic, LTCH if it shows, and officer request (fishing). I was under the impression that LTCH registered on local but have heard several stops where the officer requested LTCH be added to the record. Perhaps in those cases the LTCH was acquired in a different municipality but who knows.

-Dobber

KW730

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    They would have no idea that you were in the process of getting your LTCH.

qwerty

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 24, 2010
    NWI
    NCIC checks are automatically generated when an inquiry is made against a drivers license.

Jmoreland287

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    NWI
    When we give your information to the dispatcher they are doing an NCIC check on it. When they run it through IDACS ( Indiana Data and Communication Systems) it automatically runs an NCIC warrant check. LTCH can be checked separately if you have one it should come up attached to your file on the PDT in the car or on the dispatchers screen. Your roommate in this case would be wrong. It's done every time your name is run.

qwerty

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 24, 2010
    NWI
    If you run by Name and DOB in Indiana (KQ or DQ), it will query the CWR and return LTCH records automatically. If you run by OLN, it will not query the CWR database, jut FYI if you want to save a few steps.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    I'm asking because I applied for my LTCH (Oct.11) but I have NOT received it yet.

wow, are the state police THAT backed up on ltch's? 15 month's? i think i'd call the state police? that dont sound right!

either that or you've been denied and they didnt tell you. :dunno:

cmj

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   1
    Apr 10, 2011
    wow, are the state police THAT backed up on ltch's? 15 month's? i think i'd call the state police? that dont sound right!

either that or you've been denied and they didnt tell you. :dunno:

OP Most likely means 11OCT2012

Dobber

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 7, 2012
    Granger (South Bend)
    When we give your information to the dispatcher they are doing an NCIC check on it. When they run it through IDACS ( Indiana Data and Communication Systems) it automatically runs an NCIC warrant check. LTCH can be checked separately if you have one it should come up attached to your file on the PDT in the car or on the dispatchers screen.

Sorry to jack the thread, but my question does pertain. Your comment suggests that you personally submit driver/assailant/perpetrator/personal data to a dispatcher for processing. If an NCIC check is automatic why do officers specifically request the results of an NCIC check? I am a HAM operator and listen to my local frequencies daily. Very often I'll hear field officers request "NCIC Check" or ask "Did anything come back on NCIC?"

Are the officers not confident in the dispatcher's abilities to read a screen or are these checks not necessarily automatic but *most* dispatchers run them automatically?

-Dobber

qwerty

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 24, 2010
    NWI
    Sorry to jack the thread, but my question does pertain. Your comment suggests that you personally submit driver/assailant/perpetrator/personal data to a dispatcher for processing. If an NCIC check is automatic why do officers specifically request the results of an NCIC check? I am a HAM operator and listen to my local frequencies daily. Very often I'll hear field officers request "NCIC Check" or ask "Did anything come back on NCIC?"

Are the officers not confident in the dispatcher's abilities to read a screen or are these checks not necessarily automatic but *most* dispatchers run them automatically?

-Dobber

The check is automatic. You can run an NCIC check alone but can not run a DL alone, it will always trigger an NCIC check on the query as long as NCIC is up and running (if you run a DL number it will do an NCIC check on that number, if you run name and DOB, it will do an NCIC check on that info).

Some officers do not know the process or did not pay attention in their MDT class otherwise they would not ask.

lon

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 10, 2008
    Top, Dead Center
    If you run by Name and DOB Date of Birth in Indiana (KQ or DQ), it will query the CWR and return LTCH License to Carry records automatically. If you run by OLN, it will not query the CWR database, jut FYI For your info if you want to save a few steps.

For us non-cops, Please spell out rest of the acronyms.:)

TIA

qwerty

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 24, 2010
    NWI
    For us non-cops, Please spell out rest of the acronyms.:)

TIA

The KQ and DQ are commands/screens used to run a person in the system. DQ is a driver's license query, KQ is the same but with a history (tickets, suspensions, address changes). Both also query other databases as well, NCIC, etc.

CWR is command/screen for the LTCH database.

OLN is operators license number.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom