• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I've never owned anything NCStar because everything I've read about them indicates that they are the very bottom of the barrel in terms of quality.

On what gun or what type of shooting will this scope be used?

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    My dad put one on his 22LR. If you intend to use it for just plinking, this is the way to go. If you want it for more serious work, it's not a very good one.

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Galveston
    Customers have brought in guns with NCSTARs on them and I've questioned them about how they like them. I have never heard a positive response.

NCSTAR tried to get me to be their dealer saying how great their scopes were and that they came in between $100-$200 and were the best thing going. I told them I was starting to carry Redfields and he said "oh...ok." Never heard back from them. I really think if you're willing to spend $130 the Redfields are the best thing on the market.

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    I LOVE THEM!!! I have one on a Hi-Point, that way when I have a bad day at the range, I can pick up that set and chuck it across the bench. Its just like throwing a tennis racket or golf club except its sacrificial for your expensive set up.

I think to quote someone in another post.... "I wouldn't put a NCstar on my sling shot"

MerKWorK

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 1, 2010
    Muncie
    I would have to agree with the majority in this thread. If you are going to put ANYTHING on a firearm, it had better be quality. And Ncstar ain't it! Def. better options out there.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    I have a Ncstar, on my AR-15, and I have never had a prob. I shoot it at 200 yds., and for me it works, and very accurate. It lights up, and still have the original battery in it. I have had it for at least 3-4 years...

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    I have a Ncstar, on my AR-15, and I have never had a prob. I shoot it at 200 yds., and for me it works, and very accurate. It lights up, and still have the original battery in it. I have had it for at least 3-4 years...

have you ever had to dial wind or elevation and had it come back to zero?

abmears

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 3, 2010
    total crap.

I purchased an NC star holographic sight at a gun show to put on a Ruger mini 14. The sight mounted up ok, and looked fine. I had to reset it to zero after just a few shots. I put two 30 rnd mags through the gun, and the lenses fell out. I would not recommend this sight to anyone.

bowtech29

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 9, 2009
    new castle, indiana
    Thank you guys, I was looking to put one on my AR but I think my mind is changed. Once again thanks for the input. I might just get a 3x magnifier and put it behind the red dot.

christman

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2010
    Terra Haute
    Had a reflex one on an ak for years. Never had a problem whatsoever. Bought a red dot for a 10/22 last year and it never held zero. Figure that one out...

Dbusby2009

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    Madison County
    I have heard good any bad about the NCStar. but just like all brands they have there low end products and there high end. just like the remington 870 you can get for 200 bucks or you can put 800 down and have a NICE 1100. Im sure there $30 scopes are crap but there $200 scopes are probably $200 worth of scope. Im a firm believer in you get what you pay for.

luvall

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Noblesville
    I have the 2x7 tactical. I had it on my Hi-point 995TS and loved it...so much that I just moved it to my AK74 and it is doing great. It holds and it is clear. I think it is a good value.

blue edge

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2010
    Louisville, KY
    I bought a used RR AR with one on it. I got a great deal on the AR, and added ZERO value for the NcStar. After shooting the rifle a few times the scope is o/k I got what I paid for

Top Bottom