• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    They do offer one intersting scope in IER for scout scope setup. It cost 39 dollars and is a 2-7 power. If one is in the market for a scout scope then the 40 dollar cost is good compaired to the 200 dollar burris and 250 dollar leupold.

The scout scope concept is not for everyone. so spending 40 dollars to see if it is for you is a good deal as paying 200 for something you don't like would be a gamble.

I bucked up and get the leupold. I love the scout scope setup. That said I have setup over 10 lever scouts in 44 45 and 357 and the cheap NC star has held up well on them over a couple of years but these guys are not like us, they shoot maybe a box of shells a year to get ready for deer season. that said I have one i setup on a 45-70 guide gun in a lever scout rail and it has held up to the abuse, that guy shoots but it might have only 3 boxes of reloads shot in it. The rest were factory rounds which are mild compaired to my reloads.

Audie Murphy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    59   3   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Warsaw
    I purchased one of the NcStar red dots that directly mounts to the receiver of my GSG-5. Fits great, sighted in fine. But it is sitting on my plinker 22 and not on my DPMS, Mak 90 or Cetme..It is what it is, for a plinker it's fine but I wouldn't trust it on anything bigger than my 22 or stake my life on it.

wolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    S Side Indy
    I have a 2x7 EER on my MKIII Hunter and love it. For $50 it is a great optic for a .22, but I probably would not use one on anything with any recoil. Holds zero even though it only gets put on the gun when I am in an optics mood.

Top Bottom